Stormkeeper

The meeting wasn't a meeting. It was a 'tea party' that stretched into dinner, as the Prince invited some of the nobles and merchants of his generation that he coincidently met on the cruise for celebration. He had booked the large hall on the topmost deck overlooking the sea without obstruction, and arranged it to be turned into a comfortable drawing room. To ease the invitees and gave them the chance to catch up with each other, some of the merchants participating in the event used the time to introduce their merchandise on the large table in the center of the room.

And Jay had been pestering Yoohan because of it.

Yoohan wondered if this man had forgotten about this supposed meeting of his as he loomed behind Yoohan, whispering every time the merchants took out their goods. "What about that? You can make a nice winter coat with that," he asked as high-quality furs from the northern territory and imported pelt from the western part of the continent were laid out.

"No."

"That one? You like tinkering with artifacts."

"Not the historic one."

"That dagger—"

"Mine still perfectly fine."

"Those porcelain figurines looked pretty cute,"

"Do I look like someone that goes for cute?"

"What about—"

"Jay," Yoohan glanced at the persistent Prince. "Be quiet for a bit."

The meeting later might end up boring and tedious, but the show of the First Prince begging his fiancé to let him gift the younger man something was definitely interesting if not entertaining. Of course, all of them knew about their engagement, but most of them thought it was a political move; a candidate for the position of Crown Prince and the highest order of the Temple. It was a royalty's wet dream to gain Ishtarhea's backing, and the First Prince could easily gain that by tying his knot with the Sacred Knight.

What they didn't expect was the clear display of affection between the new betrothed. The way the Prince hovered possessively over the Sacred Knight, and how casual and comfortable their interaction was, even while the younger man kept rejecting the Prince's attempt at spoiling him.

"You either choose something or I buy everything." the Prince said finally, the dry tone promising Yoohan he'd really get through with it.

Yoohan turned his head to protest but his mouth was being blocked by the prince's lips, kissing him lightly but long enough to relax him. The hands on his waist loosening, moving into his head and playing with his hair.

"This is supposed to be a celebration for us." the man insisted on his ear. "Wouldn't it be weird if I don't buy you anything?"

Yoohan sighed at the perfectly sound logic. He really didn't need anything though. He had been used to living frugally and only purchasing what he needed, not what he wanted. And Jay had provided him with everything he ever needed. He wasn't used to this wealthy people's mindset of buying something just because they could.

Unfortunately, Yoohan's betrothed was someone who'd been born wealthy and grew up to be even wealthier.

So Yoohan finally approached one of the merchants who laid his merchandise on a smaller table at the side. A few people gathered there, appraising the goods closely on the table, but easily gave way to Yoohan as he got closer. The merchant perked up as the aloof knight that showed no interest in anything approaching his table.

"Welcome, His Excellency. Could I interest you with my humble wares?"

Yoohan looked at the table. It was mainly filled with accessories, many were enchanted with formation. They didn't take too much space, but each was crafted delicately and adorned with high-quality stone, so a lot of guests took interest in appraising the merchandise, hence the gathering.