"We Had Our Head In The Clouds, Thought We Had It All Figured Out..."

Start from the beginning

"Don't leave me," he whispers. I lift myself off the bed abruptly to sit and look at him. I place my hands on his chin and pull his face up to find mine. I try not to let the pang of guilt I feel overshadow the fact that this isn't about me; it's about him. I know I've fucked up before; I handled past situations horribly and I'll forever work to try and make better decisions so, I need to reassure him that he will never have to worry about that.

"Jungkook-ah," I whisper. "I would never. I will be here, every single day of forever, until you tell me you don't want me anymore," I say to him. He sits up and pulls me to sit on his lap, wrapping me tightly into his arms and burying his nose in the crook of my neck as I stroke the back of his head.

"Whatever happens, I'm here with you. We can do anything, together. I got you, baby" I say softly into his hair. I feel his body sigh heavily as I hear him clear his throat and lift his head up. His eyes find mine and even in the blanket of darkness that envelopes us, I can see how red and swollen they are. I bring my thumb up to stroke his cheek and brace myself for what he's going to say.

"They are angry. They don't approve. They don't understand. They want me to end this," he mutters as his eyes fall; his inability to hold eye contact making my heart hurt as I know how much pain he's feeling.

"They said we are being stupid and selfish. Eomma said I'm too young and I don't know what I want. She says I'm not thinking clearly," he continues. "They don't understand how this could ever work," he finishes.

"Okay, well, that is a worry everyone has. There's nothing we can do or say except express to them that we are all happy and that is all that matters to us," I say keeping as level headed as I can. "So, where do we go from here?" I ask him.

"I don't know," he says and I feel like someone just punched me in the stomach. "I'm just so tired of this El-ah. I just want to love you and I just want to have our family and not have to worry about hiding or having to justify our relationship to people. Why can't people just understand that I love you and that's enough for me? Why?" He said frustratingly.

"Shhhh. It's okay, Bun. We don't have to have all the answers right now," I reassure him. "Take your time. What can I do for you? What do you need from me?" I ask. I bring him back up to look at me. I see his big, beautiful, doe eyes, wet with tears. "Tell me how to help you, baby" I finish.

"Just— kiss me," he says. "Just kiss me and tell me you love me" he finishes and my whole soul aches for him. I pull him toward me and kiss him, deeply and slowly. I pour every ounce of love I have for him into the kiss; wanting him to never feel like he has to question my love for him or dedication to him, ever again. I feel the wetness from his cheeks and I pull away from him to look at him.

"Kook-ah, I love you. We will get through this baby, I promise," I tell him. He nods softly and I wipe the tears from his eyes.

"I love you," he sniffles as he pulls me down and we lay back down in bed. I bring the comforter up and wrap us in it, cuddle into his chest and breathe him in; a million thoughts clouding my mind. I feel him melt into me, letting go of the tension he's been holding. How are we going to figure this out? I could never ask him to go against his parents; directly disobey their wishes for him. But how am I supposed to live without him? Maybe they just need time? Maybe they just need to get to know me? I hear him release a broken sigh and I swallow the lump in my throat.

Everything will work out. It has to.

—————————————————————

And just like a dream, I wake up the next morning in bed, and he's gone. My heart aches and I miss him. I reach out to the empty side of the bed, the cold sheets a tale-tell sign that it's been empty for a while. I lay flat on my back and exhale deeply. Everyone is off today so our plan was just to have the families back over today. Not quite sure if that's going to be the case but I guess we will see. I roll out of bed and head to my bathroom. I decide to shower; having no plans for the day, I just want to take it slow. I strip off my clothes and jump in the hot water. I wash my hair and shave and just as I start to scrub myself down, I hear the door open and look up to see Seokjin and Yoongi.