"Hey guys," Natasha says as she walks in and sits next to you. "Hey Nat," you say and kiss her cheek.

"Hello to you too, Bucky," she scoffs and Bucky waves at her the best he can. "Tony's fundraiser gala is later tonight, and I was thinking it would be fun if you brought Mike," she suggests and you look at her with a shocked expression and Bucky's eyes widen.

"He uh— can't make it. He's outta town for work," you say with a sad smile.

"Oh what does he do?" Nat asks as she looks down at Bucky.

"Photography," you say with only a moment of hesitation. She nods her head and watches as Bucky lets out a breath he was holding.

"Can you please describe him for me? Bucky won't tell," she says with pleading eyes.

"Okay, he has light blonde hair, dark brown eyes, almost black. That's how dark they are. His has a gap between his two front teeth, no dimples, earrings, and a sleeve of tattoos on both arms," you say as you continue to braid Bucky's hair.

"He sounds hot," Natasha says with a smirk. You nod in agreement as you tie Bucky's braid and start on the second one.

"What about you Bucky?" Nat asks and Bucky's eyes widen again. "Are you bringing someone special tonight?"

"Me? No no no no. I'm not no," he says and you close your eyes in frustration. "I'm not," he says loudly and Natasha smirks.

"Alright, I believe you," she says as she leans back on the couch and picks up a book, "Mike," she adds quietly and you almost miss it.

"Natasha," you say as you look at her.

"Yes, y/n, Mike, is there something you wanna tell me?" She asks with the same smirk.

Bucky looks up at you, waiting for you to respond. You groan as you lay your head against Bucky's. "You can't say anything to anyone. Okay? Tony will kill him," you say and she nods.

"Don't worry y/n. I won't say anything. I know why you kept it a secret. You're basically Tony's daughter and Bucky, you are not the kind of person he wants her to date," she laughs and Bucky nods his head.

You kiss the top of his head and continue braiding his hair. "You guys do make a cute couple," Natasha says and Bucky smiles proudly while you blush. "Y/n wears the pants in the relationship though," she adds as she gets up and Bucky nods his head in agreement while Natasha leaves the room.

"Well, I had a feeling she'd be the first to know," Bucky says and you frown as you tie his second braid. He looks at you and pinches his eyebrows together in confusion. "What?"

"Wanda knows..." you say hesitantly. Bucky sighs as he shakes his head and chuckles lightly. "Of course she does. She can read minds," he says as he sits next to you on the couch.

You keep your distance from each other so if anyone walks in they won't be suspicious. You bring your feet up on the couch and Bucky wraps his hand around your ankle, softly rubbing his thumb over your skin.

"Save me a dance tonight," you say. He chuckles as he looks at you and you can see his eyes glisten with adoration. "You're the only person I plan on dancing with tonight, doll," he says and you smile widely.

He looks around quickly as he leans down and presses a kiss to your knee. "I'll see you tonight doll. Save your first dance for me," he whisper against your knee.

You watch as he gets up and leaves the room. You place your hand on your knee where he kissed you and smile happily as you sigh, feeling absolutely, and thoroughly, drunk in love.

When you walk into the main hall and see several people talking and dancing. Making your way through the crowd you spot Bucky and Sam talking in the corner. A girl approaches the and turns towards Bucky. He shakes his head and looks away from her.

She walks away and you figured she wanted to dance and he said no. Your heart beats heavy at the thought as a smile finds your face.

You make your way over to them and smile at the two boys. "Damn y/n, you look good," Sam says as he looks you up and down. "Thank you Sammy," you say with a smile before looking at Bucky.

"You look beautiful y/n," he says with a small smile and you blush. "Thank you. You look good." He smiles and takes a sip of his drink.

"Alright, what did I miss," Sam says with a smirk on his face.

"Nothing," you and Bucky say in unison.

"Bullshit. Either, you're cheating on Mike," he says as he points at you. "Or you're— holy shit you're Mike. That's why you don't wanna tell us isn't it. Cause Tony will kill him. Holy shit," Sam says.

"Sam, don't say anything to anyone," you say and he puts his hands up in defense. "Your secret is safe," he says with a smile.

Bucky smiles as he wraps his arm around your waist and leads you on the dance floor. You slowly dance to the music with him and his eyes never leave your face. He watches as you look around the room, looking for anyone you might possibly know, but he doesn't care about anyone else. Only you.

"What?" You ask when you see he's looking at you.

"Just admiring," he says softly and you blush. "God if there weren't so many fucking people here, I'd kiss you. My beautiful doll. The most beautiful girl here."

"And you're the most handsome boy here," you say and he grins like a lovesick child. "My favorite boy," you say as you pat his cheek softly. He scrunches his nose at you before pressing his forehead to yours for a split second, but it just so happened that someone saw.

"Hell no!" Tony shouts as he walks over to you and Bucky. He grabs Bucky's arm and takes him out of the room and Bucky doesn't fight back, knowing that'll only make it worse.

You, Sam, Natasha, and Steve run after him. "Tony wait,"you say as you stand in front of Bucky, shielding his body with yours. "Y/n, move," Tony says.

"Calm down and let me explain," you say and Steve and Sam grab Tony's arms and hold him back. "He's the secret boyfriend?" He asks with angry eyes.

"Yes he is and I didn't tell you because I knew you'd react this way," you say, "but Tony, no matter how much you hate this, it's not going to make it go away. I'm staying with Bucky no matter what. Okay? I love him and he loves me. We aren't just messing around," you say and Bucky nods his head.

"It's true. I really do love her Tony, I'd never dream of hurting her," he says and Tony's face softens.

"Fine, but, you two can't go on missions together unless it's absolutely necessary," he says and you nod.

"Deal," you say.

"When did you two get together?" Tony asks and you and Bucky look at each other nervously. "Uh oh," Natasha says softly. "Tony, you don't need to know that."

"Yea Nat's right," Sam agrees and Tony looks at them. "She's going to tell me, because I want to know," he says as he looks back at you.

"Umm, do you remember when you paired us up on that mission to pose as a couple for a few weeks?" You ask and squeeze Bucky's hand in yours tightly.

"That was over six months ago," Tony says with wide eyes.

"Yea we know," you say.

"Jesus fuck," he says as he runs his fingers through his hair. "Go back to in that room. Dance or sit and talk, just stay away from me for a bit," he says with a sigh and you stifle your laugh as you grab Bucky's hand and walk back to the room.

Steve, Sam, and Natasha stay with Tony to calm him down more.

"Poor Tony," you say.

"I'm just glad he didn't kill me," Bucky says as he pulls you against him and dances with you. "And now, I get to do this," he leans down and kisses you softly.