Chapter 3: Breath of Relief

Lancelot groans softly while uttering, "Fuck." He really did not wish to convere with the Magus of Flowers.

A white haired and alluring man, but stray to close and you may discover the incubus hiding beneath, that was Merlin, Magus of King Aethur's Court, Legendary Wizard to some...

Merlin stood in front of the two knights, his long white hair and standout attire always an immediate indication of his presence. But more of an eyesore by Lancelot's standards--well--all of the knight's standards.

"We aren't going anywhere fun." (F/n) interjects hearing his companion's quip just moments ago. "Just on a routine patrol for a few days."

Merlin could only give a long stare at the knights seeing (F/n) hiding a few weapons over his shoulder shrouded in cloth.

Merlin corrected his throat, "Is that so? The King decide to not fill me in on what the knight's duties will be for the coming weeks so I thought you all were off on something important."

Lancelot and (F/n) shrugged their shoulders as they would not say a word. The King was helping them out a lot as Merlin would find anyway to sneak into a mission with them and the last time that happen, it nearly got them killed.

A silence had settled in as both knights were waiting on Merlin's response as they had to ready some horses and pack some supplies before heading out for their mission.

"Fine then, keep your secrets..." Merlin was about to walk off before an excellent idea came to his mind, a small giggle exiting his lip.

(F/n) rubbed his cheek trying to pay no heed to the Magus who was approaching causing discomfort.

"Say," Merlin began in a softer and quieter tone, "Let me in on where you and the others are going and I'll make it worth your while." His voice was awfully teasing, it was concerning.

Lancelot groaned, "No." He had an inking to what shenanigans the Magus may have in mind stepping in front of his younger comrade. "Go back to your chambers succubus."

An exhale of hurt left Merlin's lips, he felt like he'd been struck by daggers, "You wound me. I wouldn't do anything to harm young (F/n)." He said awfully excitingly.

Lancelot coughed into his hand, "Merlin, if you even think about tagging along, I won't hesitate to inform our King."

A noticeable groan of defeat sounded, "Alright, but you can't let that one time dismay you from having a powerful magus at your side. When you are dying from a serious wound don't come looking to me to cure you." Merlin soon left deciding in the meantime to pass the tim by pulling something else off on the remaining knights in the castle as he never rested without making something 'interesting' happen.

Lancelot let out a breath of relief once the Magus was out of ear-shot, "I'll never get why the King keeps him around. He can't be the only reasonable mage in all of the Kingdom."

"Well, it may just be Merlin is the only mage whom doesn't want the King dead."

The two got going again on their walk out of the keep. Instead of leaving through the main gates of the inner keep, they left through a smaller side entrance that was used as a passage way for guards.

Once leaving, the dreary weather still had yet to cease casting the land in a gray hue. It seemed like it would probably rain a little later but hopefully they could find decent shelter on their travel.

Past the walls of the Inner Keep lied an area before the actual city which comprised of barracks, some housing for various staff which resided throughout the castle and stables.

"So, what do you think? You really think it could be..." Lancelot made sure he was quiet, "Invaders."

(F/n) approached the large doors to the stables and looked back to his purple haired comrade, "Let's hope that isn't the case."

The two entered the stables, it was naturally lit by some small windows closer to the barn cieling, but there a few lamps to help lighten it up. Lancelot went to his horse's pen and set his belongings near the saddle on the outside of the pen. A large black furred horse approached the edge of the pen nuzzling to Lancelot causing the knight to pat the steed's horse softly.

"I'll go gather some supplies for the road." Lancelot said as he usually got the supplies first if Bedivere was attending to other matters.

"I'll gather our horses."

(F/n) watched his friend leave shortly after as he ventured over to find his horse but alas nothing. His horse was not in his pen, "What..."

A wave of various emotions of confusion and concern overtook the young knight, his saddle was also gone meaning someone took his horse without much thought. His gaze tracking across as all of the pens were full as each horse was currently looking back at him. "What? Got something to say? You know who took my horse." Of course, no answer would come beside some small neighs as a reply like a chuckle.

(F/n) had zero clue on whom would have taken his horse no less, why his horse would even allow another to ride.

Some soft hoofs slowly sounded closer as soon entering the stables was one of the head maids of the keep, Maid Elena, she took care of the horses making sure they were all healthy and feed most of the time. "Ah, Sir
(F/n), did not mean to relieve you of your steed, she was seeming a little down after the accident the other day."

(F/n) felt relief wash over, "Hello (H/n--horse name), its good to see you." He pet the horse's head as it nuzzeld into the touch. "I hope she didn't feel like it was her fault."

"I just walked her around the outer grounds for awhile, she seems better now. I made sure she was fed too as well as the others steeds you'll need. Sir Bedivere informed me earlier you'd all be leaving for awhile, so I prepared some items in bags on each of your saddles."

"Thank you Lady Elena." (F/n) slightly bowed to the senior maid, "If you spot Sir Lancelot, tell him not to bring too much."

"Ah, will do, good day Sir (F/n) and safe journeys." Lady Elena bowed politely and gave (h/n) one last pat earning a happy neigh from the horse.

The senior maid took her leave as (F/n) led his horse to the pen and started to attach his saddle securely.

It was going to be a long trip, but hopefully, nothing bad would occur as a black raven landed atop the barn poking its head through around as if watching (F/n) prep for the journey.