Chapter 8

"Jae... Jae Hyun..."

"Long time no see, Bomi-ya." A man name Jae Hyun smiles but it disgusts me. "How are you?"

"What are you doing here?" I take a step back when he tries to step forward.

"Um... I've just returned from U.S." He answers. "Are you with someone? Or alone by yourself?"

"That's none of your bussiness." I answer coldly and I am about to escape when he suddenly grabs my hand.

"Who's that guy in the corner? He is with you, right?"

"I say that's NONE OF YOUR BUSSINESS!!!" I shout angrily. My tears starts to wet because he scares me. He acts like he still owns me. People are staring at us right now.

"What are you doing?"

Lay comes and tries to make him stay away from me. He pushed Jae Hyun's shoulder so he releases his grab. Lay pulls me and make me stay behind him.

"Whoa, easy..." Jae Hyun says. He smirks as he does nothing to me.

"Who are you?" Lay asks firmly. "Why does she cry?"

He smirks again. "Me? I do nothing. I just greet my ex. She looks prettier than the last time I dump her."

Lay clenches his fist. "Stay away from her. She is with me."

"Who are you? Are you her boyfriend?" He chuckles. "You can have her. I've already dumped her. I tell you something... she's boring."

Lay can't handle himself and his fist hits Jae Hyun's cheek, making him fall on the floor. People began to surround us, curious about sudden incident. Lay is going to give him another hit, but Bomi holds her hands.

"Stop it, Lay..." I whisper.

"You jerk!" He cussed, wiping blood from the corner of his lip.

"Don't you dare talk bad or touch her anymore." Lay threatens. "I'll make you regret once you do it."

Lay grabs my hand and we leave the cafe. Luckily Lay is wearing his face mask so no one recognize him so we just walks fast and go back to dorm.

"Come in quickly." Lay says after he open the door's dorm.

I sit on the couch and still crying. Lay brings her water and tries to soothe her. He pulls Bomi towards him and embraces her. His left hands caresses her hair.

"Uljima, Bomi-ya. Don't cry. He's not worth it." He says.

"I know." I sob. "I... I am afraid Lay. I am afraid he will find you or me again, and harm us."

"He won't do it."

"You don't know what kind of person he is." I say. "That's one of many reasons why I broke up with him."

--------

[Flashback]

I worked as designer assistant when I met Han Jae Hyun. He is a rookie model, he has a slender figure, cute face and nice attitude. That's why designer whom I work with book him for many of his fashion show.

I met him very often since we wete always work together and finally we fell in love. In the beginning, he was very caring and taking care of me a lot. But when our relationship growing, his natural personality started to appear. He is being possesive and abusive. I thought he's just worried and didn't want me to get hurt. But... it ended with he was the only one who hurt me in the first place.

I tried to hold on when people around me told me to break up with him, but I said I would give him some time. Until one day, at the fashion show after party whom he worked, I didn't find him anywhere. He should be in the hall with every one. I searched around the building and it bring me to a room behind the hall. My intuition said that I needed to check this room. The door was slightly opened and lights were turned on. I peeked inside and I saw Jae Hyun, half naked. He wasn't alone. He was with a girl and she was a model who also joined in the fashion show.

They recognized my presence and Jae Hyun tried to stop me. I tried to escape but he was faster. He grabs me and asked what did I see.

"You cheat on me, Jae Hyun." I answered. "I should trust my friends more than trust you. I want a break up."

He slapped me very hard. I could feel burn sensation on my cheek.

"Let me go, Jae Hyun!" I struggled from him and he pinched me on the wall hardly.

"Me too! I want a breakup from you too. You are so boring and I can't bear you. You are a wh*re in disguise."

"You should say it to her, not me!" I was mad when he called me wh*re instead of calling her.

He slapped me once again and I couldn't bear it anymore. I pushed him hard so I can escape him. I didn't want to see or meet him anymore. It still hurt me when he cheated on me, so I decided to stay away from him.

[End of Flashback]

-----

"Last time I heard he went to U.S to continue his model career and I never heard anything about him." I said. "When I met him today, I a afraid. That bad memory suddenly flashed back. I'm sorry that I am being such a crybaby and make you worry."

"No, it's okay. It's better to teach him some manner." Lay said and it makes me smile. He always knows how to soothe me.

A sounds of growl come from my stomach and breaks the silence. I remember I haven't had my breakfast.

"Are you hungry?" He chuckles. "I cook you something. What do you want to eat?"

"Umm, everything you cook." I answers happily.