Chapter 11: Quidditch

Start from the beginning

Harry gulps and looks straight ahead as the doors open. They mounted their brooms and zoomed out onto the enormous pitch as there was cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator was announcing from a tower, "Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!"  Lee announced. The crowd of Gryffindor students cheered at the team's entrance. "Gryffindor!" Neville yelled. The players took their positions in the air in a circle. Harry weaved in and was the highest amongst his teammates. He looks down and fear filled his heart. 

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game." Lee announced as Madam Hooch stepped onto the field and walked towards the middle. "Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you." Madam Hooch said, giving a look at Slytherin as she said her last words, telling them t not try anything. She kicks the trunk, allowing the bludgers zoom out. "The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." Lee announced. The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle, "The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!" Lee called out as the crowds cheered. 

Gryffindor takes possession of the ball and a chaser, Angelia Johnson, zooms past the Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding, "Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!" Lee calls out and presses a button and a 10 shows up beside a plaque with Gryffindor's name. Harry claps while in the air, "Yes!" he yells. Out of nowhere, a bludger suddenly zooms by him, "Whoa!" he exclaims. In the stands, Gryffindor cheers, "Well done!" Hagrid cheered as he clapped. 

Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and Katie Bell pass the Quaffle back and forth as they strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores! "Yeah!" Ron, Seamus and Thomas cheer. "Another 10 points to Gryffindor!" Lee yelled in the microphone. He adds another 10 to the score with a ding. The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks, "Give me that!" Flint, a Slytherin, orders his teammate. He grabs a beaters bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver directly in the stomach and he plummets to the ground, knocked out.

This causes the entire audience to boo; Harry is visibly upset as the Slytherins laugh. The Slytherin members head off. One jumps over George (or Fred) and scores. Lee adds 10 points in the plaque with Slytherin's name. Harry is upset again. Slytherin cheers. "Take that side!" Flint ordered his teammate. They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls down in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again.

Suddenly, Harry sees the Snitch. He starts to head off after it and then suddenly his broom starts bucking and turning, "Whoa! Whooa!" Harry exclaimed. "What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" Hagrid questioned. Hermione looks through binoculars at Harry, then at Snape, who is visibly muttering, "It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!" Hermione exclaimed at Ron and Thomas. "Jinxing the broom? What do we do?" Ron questioned. "Leave that to me." Hermione answered. Thomas suddenly remembered about how to stop jinxes and instantly began to worry, "Hey! Do not do what I think you're gonna do." Thomas said. Hermione didn't really care, "Yep." Hermione said. Thomas threw his hands in the air, "What if you get caught then?" Thomas asked. "I'll think of something." Hermione said. She hands Ron her binoculars and leaves the stands, "Wait! I'm coming with!" Thomas exclaimed. Hermione sighed and grabbed his hand as they ran off. 

Harry is knocked and thrown around, then falls, dangling by one arm from the broom, "Come on you two!" Ron said to himself concerningly. Hermione and Thomas hurried up in the tower structures. She and Thomas appears underneath Snape and she touches his cloak with her wand, "Lacarnum Inflamarae." Hermione whispered quietly as she flicked her wand. A spark ignites and Snape's cloak catches fire. Hermione and Thomas quickly leave. "Fire! You're on fire!" a man called out. Snape was confused, "What? Oh!" he exclaimed as he accidentaly knocks the man back, who falls into Quirrell, who then also falls. Snape bats out the fire and acts as though nothing happened. The broom stop bucking, and Harry climbs back on. The Slytherin seeker is after the Snitch. Harry takes off. "Go!" Ron yelled. "Go! Go! Go!" Hagrid yelled as well. 

Harry rams the Slytherin Seeker, then is butted out. He returns, smashing the Seeker again as the Snitch dives. The boys follow, but they approach the ground quickly. The Slytherin Seeker backs out, and Harry pulls up his broom as he follows the Snitch, feet above the ground. Harry stands up, and steps forward, trying to grab the ball. He goes too far, and topples off the broom with a yelp, tumbling on the ground. He gets up and lurches. The crowd gasps. Hermione and Thomas appear beside a tower to see.

"Looks like he's gonna be sick!" Hagrid said behind Harry. Harry suddenly lurches and the Snitch pops out of his mouth with the snitch landing in his hands. "He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" Lee yelled. Hooch blows her whistle whilst riding on her broomstick, "Gryffindor wins!" Hooch yells. The crowd cheers in joy including Gryffindor, "No!" Draco yelled in dismay. "Yes!" Hagrid cheers. "Whoo-hoo!" Hermione yells with Thomas by her side, "Lets go, Harry!" Thomas calls out. McGonagall giggles happily. Harry raises the Snitch into the air and the crowd, and his team, cheers. 

"Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor! Go go Gryffindor!" the crowd cheers and yells in joy.