(6)

Grasping an arrow in each fist, Flynn dug them between the stones of the tower, slowly making his way down. He grunted with each movement, overly aware of how dangerous this was. His attention was captured from above as you whooped and hollered.

"Geronimo!" With your hand wrapped in hair, you plummeted towards the ground, skillfully hopping off the "rope" at the bottom. You bowed humorously.

"Huh," Flynn breathed out. He looked to the top of the tower, where Rapunzel was pulling her hair back in so she could get down. "You coming, blondie?" He asked.

"Let's go, Rapunzel! We're losing daylight!" You cupped your hands to your mouth, shouting up at your sister.

She looked down hesitantly.

Look at the world, so close,

And I'm halfway to it.

Look at it all so big.

Do I even dare?

Look at me, there at last.

I just have to do it.

"Should I?" She seemed to hesitate but quickly stopped that thought. "No. Here I go." Pascal tied some hair around his waist and gave the blonde a thumbs up. She chuckled in response and slid down, past Flynn, laughing. She looked to the ground and stopped herself, afraid, her feet inches from the grass.

"Come on," you said, reaching down to pat the ground, "it's just grass."

She looked at you, and then back to the earth. Slowly, one foot touched the ground, embracing it, and the other quickly followed. She wiggled her toes and laughed.

Just smell the grass, the dirt,

Just like I dreamed they'd be.

She laid down on the ground, looking up to the sky. Her head tipped back, her eyes landing on a white, fluffy dandelion.

Just feel that summer breeze,

The way it's calling me.

As she ran to chase the dandelion seeds as they floated away, she gasped. Her feet had landed in the cold water of the creek, smooth and clear and flowing ever so delicately.

For, like, the first time ever,

I'm completely free.

You approached the bank and held out your hand to help her out of the water, but she brushed past you to follow a bird.

I could go running, and racing, and dancing, and chasing,

She ran to the exit, the crack between the rocks, as you called out and followed her, concerned. She ignored you and kept running.

And leaping, and bounding, hair flying, heart pounding,

She flew through the ivy and into the glade that surrounded the entrance, arms open.

And splashing, and reeling, and finally feeling.

That's when my life begins!

You caught up to her shortly, only to hear her say, "I can't believe we did this!"

"I can't believe you did this," you replied.

She gasped. "I can't believe I did this. I can't believe I did this!" She hugged you and let go at the blink of an eye. "Mother would be so furious."

"Rapunzel, Mother doesn't-"

---

The blonde sat on a rock in the middle of a pond, grasping a lotus flower. You and Flynn waited on the shore as she said, "but that's okay. What she doesn't know won't kill her, right?"