(5)

Rapunzel turned to you and gestured to the wardrobe. You went to approach it, but she shook her head and cut you off.

"I have a weapon, and you don't," she reasoned.

You furrowed your brows and pointed at the sword on your hip. "Run that by me one more time?"

"Just-" she sighed, "let me do this one thing. Please? I want to protect you for once, it's been the other way around for way too long."

"Fine."

She tiptoed along the tile, skillet in hand, and dragged the chair out from its defensive position. The closet didn't move. Your sister took a deep breath in and out. "Okay," she said under her breath.

You watched as she used her hair as a lasso, grabbing the door handle from a distance. She pulled the blue doors open. Flynn's body slowly tipped forward with a creak of the wood and he faceplanted. Hard.

Even that didn't wake him up?

You examined him- still out cold. "Huh," you breathed out. You picked up one of his arms and turned to your sister. "Come on." She tried to pick Flynn up, but you ended carrying most of his weight as he was dragged over to the green chair. "Got any rope?" You said to her.

"No, but I have something better."

---

Flynn was pulled by blonde hair into the ring of light in the center of the tower. Pascal glared at him as he waited for the man to awaken. He raised his hand and slapped Flynn. Out of fear, the chameleon opted to blend into his blue vest, but when the man did not move, Pascal got more confident.

He slapped Flynn a couple of times with his tail, but got no response. He poked and prodded his cheek. Nothing. Finally, Pascal opened his mouth and stuck his tongue into the man's ear, leading to both him and the animal exclaiming in surprise.

"Huh? What..." Flynn worried. He tried to look around, but found himself bound to his seat. Grunting and squirming, he surveyed his surroundings, following the path of hair that flowed throughout the tower. "Is this... hair?"

You spoke up from your hiding place behind him. "Struggling is pointless," you said bluntly. Wiggling around in his seat, he tried to whip his head around to see his captor, but Rapunzel's voice and shadow in the rafters caught his attention.

"She- she's right, you know," the soft thuds of her descent echoed. "I know why you're here, and I- I mean we are not afraid of you."

"What?" He squinted.

Rapunzel emerged into the light, gripping the handle of her pan and lifting her chin up high. "Who are you, and how did you find me?"

"Ah-hah," he stammered.

The blonde rearticulated her words, harsher this time. "Who are you, and how did you find me?"

Flynn cleared his throat and spoke quite poetically. "I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say- hi." He smirked. You and your sister looked confused, although he could only see Rapunzel. "How you doing? The name's Flynn Rider. How's your day going? Huh?"

"Our day was going just fine, Mr. Rider, until a certain stranger appeared. Who else knows our location?" He heard the heavy echo of your boots along the tile, quite ominous and intimidating.

"Please, call me Flynn, mysterious-lady-behind-me." He joked nervously.

Rapunzel pointed the business end of her frying pan in the man's face. "Then who else knows our location, Flynn?" She tried to sound threatening, but his face quickly dropped from the fearful expression it held before.