Chapter 5: A Guide to Survive a Random Apocalypse

The pic above is how the library looks like.

It's already been a week and we're still trapped in the future. We've tried to travel back to 2002, where we should be. We tried that Every. Single. Day, but somehow Five's time travel skills don't work. So we gave up eventually. But the huge problem is that we never know when we can return. What we know is that we won't have enough food supply in order to survive. We're screwed. I mean REALLY screwed.

Five and I shared a Fluffernutter once a day. We soon ran out of them cuz I originally decided to bring seven of those to my siblings, and definitely NOT for a never ending trip to the apocalypse. So I tried to use my powers to suck some food supply from very far away.

We just slept under a strangely still- standing oak tree for the first few days. We soon figured out that we couldn't do that much longer, because we could feel a storm coming.

We walked along the sidewalk, not talking like we used to do. It's been a tough few days and we just don't feel like talking.

We walked for about a mile and my legs are killing me. I limped while walking. We were exhausted, probably because of the amount of food we had.

"Get on," Five suddenly said. "Sorry what?" "Get on," Five repeated while kneeling. "You look tired, so yeah," he mumbled. I kept rejecting his offer but he insisted on carrying me on his back. I climbed on his back and he grunted as he stood up. I knew he was tired and I felt kinda sorry for him. Emphasising KINDA.

It felt weird on his back. It's like we broke our touch barrier, which had been there for more than a year. Before we were teenagers, we held hands like how normal siblings would. But then we turned twelve, it just grew awkward. Plus, people thought we were a thing at school (why the hell does EVERYONE think we're together?!) and the barrier sort of formed. Again, it felt weird, but it felt very comforting and safe.

" Woah," Five said with awe, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up, and saw a library. It wasn't gigantic, but it was still in one piece. Shocking, despite the size of it.

I hopped off Five's back and we entered the library. It was a huge mess inside. Piles of books and pieces of paper everywhere. We picked up the books along the way, arranging them back to the bookshelves. Five found some duct tape and taped the library gates, to prevent them from breaking during the storm. I piled some books up to make simple furniture, like little stools and tables. I also made a fort, where we could sleep in. Then we spent the rest of the day reading novels.

We went to our forts at night. We had a wall made of books between the two 'rooms'. The storm was howling like crazy so I tried to read myself to sleep. " Hey Five, Dorothy found her way home," I told him softly, " do you think we could too?" Silence." I'm sorry, Dolores," he then said, his voice cracking, " I shouldn't have time traveled. I know you'll never forgive me but I just want to tell you I'm sorry." I was shocked, since Five isn't an emotional person. I didn't say anything cuz, I don't know what to say. I read for a few more minutes and removed a few bricks- books from the 'walls'. Five was asleep. He looked almost adorable when he was sleeping. I knew he regretted what he did and that was a lot of pressure, but he looked like he relaxed a bit when sleeping. I smiled, and fell asleep.

☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️

I was woken up by a warm ray of sunlight. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a blurry image of Five sitting beside my bed, caressing my forehead. He had a book on his other hand.

"Morning," he said. " What are you reading?" I yawned. He shoved the book to my face. 'Extra-Ordinary: My Life as Number Seven' was written on the cover.

"Vanya? Since when did she take up writing?" I asked. " I have no idea, but she definitely had a great time roasting us," he answered. That got my attention. I sat up lazily to check it out.

"Oh shit, I found something she wrote about us," Five exclaimed. I raised my eyebrow. "What?" "Even someone who is not a fan of the Academy knows that strict parents like Reginald won't tolerate bad words," I said playfully, mocking my uncle. "Yeah, but the old man's not here anymore," Five said coldly.

A sudden wave of sadness hit me. Five's right. Uncle Reggie's not here. Our siblings aren't here. The Umbrella Academy's not here. The entire population isn't here as well. We just have each other.

I put on a poker face, trying not to show the weak side of me to Five and asked, "So? What did she say 'bout us?"

"Five and Dolores," Five read out loud, "They are the nicest siblings in my family. We used to make homemade Fluffernutters together. Dolores made new outfits for me every month. We were all adopted, but they made me feel like real family. Those two left me and never returned. It's been15 years since I was left out. Since I wasn't a part of the family."

We both went silent. A flood of guilt flooded to my heart. If we weren't stuck here, Vanya wouldn't have to suffer all this. She wouldn't write an autobiography and betray her family. OUR family.

" We're gonna get us out of here," Five said suddenly. " You know your time travel hasn't worked for the past few months, right. And even if your power is restored, you aren't going to use them. What if you accidentally jumped a few centuries earlier?" " Who said I'm going to use my powers?" Five asked mysteriously.

I shrugged, feeling confused. Then did some washing, and then checked out some newspaper articles. most of the articles were burnt, so I just took what's left——"New York Daily News". I immediately checked the date.

1/4/2019. Perfect.

A/N: Heyyy so I literally showed you Five's soft side in this chapter. Should I keep on writing him like that or not cuz I'm afraid he will break character, you know. And if I need to improve my writing skills, pls comment and tell me how to do better. And like I say every chapter, pls send this your friends!

Truth: Which one would you prefer, Five's soft side or his hard side? (If you too are dating, that is)

Like Dolores, I would like a love- hate relationship, so I prefer him to be both. Actually, I'll let my hon Five choose, his opinion matters the most.:)