| forty eight |

Chapter.48

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte overthought what she'd say when he answered the phone. Would she open with a cold remark? Or would she fold and take him back instantly? She wanted to have a back bone, but he had become her back bone since they got together almost two years ago.

Her heart fell into her stomach when the voicemail voice filled her ears. He didn't answer. Her mind went to one place instantly, he doesn't care. She's at home crying in bed, and he's out with the boys at clubs with girls in his section.

"He's known for being a player, biggest hoe in the industry. Please, remember that," Kim told her in the beginning of the relationship. Kim and so many other people warned her, were they right? Had Charlotte been blinded for this long? There really was no changing him into a family man. Charlotte's lungs felt like they collapsed and she gasped for air as she continued to sob.

Her phone started to ring next to her, she picked it up and answer before she even read who was calling. It could only be one person. "Aubrey-," Charlotte started.

A voice cut her off, "I'm sorry to call so late Miss.Jenner." Charlotte let down the phone from her ear and read the caller I.D.

Security

She put the phone back up to her ear. "I know it's late. But I have a distraught man out here wanting to get into the gate. I would usually immediately call the police, but it's Drake. So I wanted you to make the call." Charlotte had security stand outside her driveway gate at all times, ever since Kimberly's robbery in Paris.

"Just let me in. I live here, I just need to talk to her!" Charlotte could hear Aubrey in the background. "Yea, let him in," Charlotte told her security in a shaky voice.

She ripped the covers off of her and stood up from bed. "Ma'am, are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes I'm sure."

"We'll be outside if you need help. I'm letting him in now."

She opened her bedroom door and made her way downstairs. Her hair needed to be brushed, she was dressed in one of Aubrey's white t-shirts, that had tear stains all over the neckline. The t-shirt was also barely long enough to cover her. But she couldn't care less.

She reached the front door and seen Aubrey standing on the other side of her glass front door. He looked above him at the night sky, and bounced anxiously. Hoping that she'd open the door.

Her walking up to the door got his attention. When he looked at her she could see his red eyes and wet eyelashes. She could also see the overall exhausted look on his face, he hadn't slept. He wore a beige sweatshirt and grey Nike shorts. He's usual lazy, don't care, outfit.

She slowly opened the door, and she froze. She had no idea what to say, she wanted to know so much, but had no idea how to start.

"I didn't think you'd let me in so soon. I thought I'd be out there until sunrise convincing him to let me in to see you."

There was a long pause, "I needed answers. I know it's only been a day or two, but it's felt like centuries. And it's been eating my mind, so I want to know the truth."