| twenty three |

Chapter.23

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte groaned as she turned on her side. She felt like she was spinning in her own head, the darkness was turning in circles. When she opened her eyes, she felt the headache for the first time. Her breath tasted like alcohol and Doritos. She looked around the room, and remembered that she was in Tyga's living room. She slowly sat up from the hardwood floor she slept on. Then, she looked around the house to see if she could find anyone else.

She tried to think about what had happened the night before. But, the last thing she remembered was Tyga pouring her a fifth shot an hour after she got there. She rubbed the back of her head and mumbled, "Damn vodka."

She pushed herself up with her hands on her knees. When she got up, she saw Tyga asleep on a nearby couch. She started to pat her clothes down to see if she could find her phone. Her iPhone wasn't on her.

She stumbled around the home in search of it, she lightly tossed a couple of pillows, and cleared out some trash in the process. When Charlotte walked into the kitchen, she first found about five empty liquor bottles, and then her phone.

She tried not to gag at the sight of the Grey Goose bottle as she turned her phone on. She looked at the time, twelve sixteen in the afternoon. That was expected after a night of partying.

But, the fourteen unread text messages, and five missed calls from Aubrey was not expected. As she read through some of the text he sent her, she started to panic. "What the hell happened?" Charlotte tried to remember more of the night, but couldn't.

A warning popped up on screen, her phone was at five percent. She quickly looked around for a charger, but she didn't see one. Charlotte had an iPhone charger in her Range Rover, and she thought that she should probably leave and deal with whatever mess she had made for herself. She grabbed her car keys, which were placed on the marble countertop next to her phone.

She walked past Tyga sleeping, and told herself that she would text him later on in the day. She opened the front door and made her way over to her car. The bright sunlight felt like daggers in Charlotte's eyes.

She unlocked the Rover, and pulled herself into the white colored driver seat. Charlotte put her keys in the ignition and started the car. While the car was still in park she plugged the white charger into her phone.

Charlotte continued to read through the rest of Drake's messages. Her heart dropped when she read the line, 'u really just lost some real love shit👎🏽'. She went to her contacts and clicked the call button next to Drake's contact.

She waited for Aubrey to answer, when the call got to a fifth ring Charlotte's anxiety went up.
"Hello?" Drake's voice boomed through Charlotte's speakers.

Char' turned down the car volume and asked the man. "Hello? What the fuck happened last night?"

Drake replied back in a blank tone, "I don't know. You tell me." Charlotte fought the urge to roll her eyes, "That's the thing. I don't remember Aubrey. I just woke up to messages from you, about me twerking on Tyga."

"Yeah," Charlotte could hear people talking in the background, "I was on a plane to come see you, when I opened Tyga's Instagram story and saw you twerking on his lap."