| thirty five |

Chapter.35

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Aubrey walked into the front door of his Toronto home, after being in the studio for almost ten hours. The amount of hours he had been working to get the album done were breaking him down. He would wake up, hang out with Charlotte and the kids for a couple of hours, and then go to the studio until late into the night.

Aubrey felt his phone buzz in his pocket, but he didn't want to look at it. He just wanted to find Charlotte, bring her to bed and go to sleep.
"GG'," Aubrey called out for Charlotte.

"Yea," Charlotte called back for him. Aubrey thought he heard sadness in her voice, but he thought he was mistaken. Drake made it slowly to Charlotte's voice.

She was sitting on the large grey couch in the living room. She wore a pair of Nike sweatpants and one of Aubrey's Balenciaga  sweatshirts. Charlotte stared down at the phone in her lap so Aubrey couldn't see her eyes.

"Hey baby," he forced to put a smile on his face. He didn't have energy to do much socializing, but he owed her some attention.

Charlotte didn't even acknowledge that he was in the room. She continued to look at her phone. "Uh, hello?" Drake scrunched his eyebrows together. He sat down next to her on the couch. He leaned down to look at her face, and she had tears in her eyes.

"Char, what's wrong?" Aubrey continued to try and get Charlotte's attention. But, she ignored him still. So he lifted up chin and made her look at him. "What's wrong?" He asked again.

After a while, Charlotte finally got some words out. "Did you and Azul sleep together?"

The question threw Aubrey off. "Where you hear that?" Charlotte shook her head and asked again, "Did you and Azul sleep together. Tell me the truth."

"No," Drake told Charlotte, "I've told you that it's only business with her."

"Her husband dm'ed me on Twitter, and told me to beware. Because the reason him and Azul are getting a divorce is because you caused her to be unfaithful," Charlotte looked down at the message on her phone again.

Drake jerked his head back, "Well, that's cap. I've never slept with Azul." Drake was about to write this off as annoying drama. But the look on Charlotte's face changed his mind, "You don't think I did, right?"

Charlotte was almost too scared to answer. She wanted to believe him, but she believed Chris too, and he cheated on her multiple times. Aubrey took Charlotte's silence as her answer. "I've never been, in anyway, romantic with Azul. And you know that."

Drake stood up from the couch, "Char' I know you've been going through a lot lately. But I don't understand why you don't trust me all of a sudden. You almost had a breakdown because Chubbs suggested that the boys should go to the strip club the other night."

"I ain't never done anything to you. Never cheated, never flirted, I haven't even looked at a female in a sexual way since Chicago," Drake slowly paced in front of Charlotte. "A month ago you would've laughed at that dm and ignored him. So what changed? What did I do?"

Instead of the answer Aubrey wanted, Charlotte told him, "I think that me and Lucious are going to fly back home tomorrow."

Drake threw his hands in the air, "Babe, what are you doing? What's going on, just tell me."

Charlotte looked back down at her phone, "I'll schedule the plane for three tomorrow."

Drake leaned down and tried to look at her in her eyes, "Do you for real believe this guy? I've been in bed with you by midnight every single night for almost half a year now. When I'm not working, I'm with you."

Charlotte continued to schedule her and Lucious's flight back to Los Angeles. Drake nodded his head at Charlotte's silence, "Aight, bet. You two can go home, but me and Adonis are going with. 'Cause I'm not gonna let you just shut me out, over something I never did."

Drake had given up on the topic, there was no sense in arguing with a brick wall. He turned on his phone and scrolled through Instagram, he walked past Charlotte and mumbled to her that he was going to bed.

When Charlotte couldn't hear Aubrey anymore, she finally let the tears out. She didn't want to talk to him so she could keep them in easier. She stared up at the ceiling as she wiped her eyes. Her heart believed that Aubrey would never cheat or hurt her in anyway. But, her mind had been playing games with her emotions. Even if Drake never did nothing wrong to her, Chris did, and that's all her brain cared about.

After Charlotte calmed down for ten minutes, she decided to go upstairs to talk to Aubrey. She grabbed her phone and made her way up the marble stairs. On her way to her and Aubrey's bedroom, she slightly opened the kid's room door and looked at the boys. Adonis and Lucious were both sleeping peacefully in their beds. She quietly closed the door again before she opened the master bedroom door.

Aubrey was laying in bed with his bare back facing Charlotte. Char' knew that he wasn't sleeping yet, it always took him a while to get to sleep. She slid under the sheets next to him and thought about what she should say. But she could only think of one thing.

She leaned over and lightly kissed Aubrey's shoulder, "I love you." Aubrey didn't respond back, he just reached his arm back and held out his hand for Charlotte. Char' placed her hand in his, he intertwined their fingers.

Charlotte wanted to see his brown eyes, so she pulled his arm softly to get him to turn over. He got the hint and flipped over, he looked at her with a plain look. She reached up and rubbed his cheek with her thumb. They both had no words to say, so Charlotte leaned her forehead against his.

Aubrey waited a couple of seconds before he placed a kissed on her cheek. Even though he was upset that Charlotte would even slightly believe the lies, he didn't want them to go to bed mad at each other.

❤️ 💬 ✈️Liked by charlottejenner and 9,285,753 otherskyliejenner missing my other half ☯️View all 12,728 commentscharlottejenner 🧡🧡 call me!kanyewest moguls

❤️ 💬 ✈️
Liked by charlottejenner and 9,285,753 others
kyliejenner missing my other half ☯️
View all 12,728 comments
charlottejenner 🧡🧡 call me!
kanyewest moguls