Crystal - Eyed Beauty

You gently held the glass slipper in your hand as your brother laid depressed on his bed all morning. After the mysterious lady escaped, he acted up all the time. Even though it was just last night! "Charles, let's go get breakfast," you tried asking him. He mumbled something and turned away, refusing to listen. You sighed and put the glass slipper back on the cushion it was on before. The cushion was red and fuzzy, perfectly the opposite of the elegant and exquisite glass slipper. A second later, someone knocked on the door. You turned your head towards Charles waiting for his answer. He looked at you and shrugged. You rolled your eyes and called the person to come in, surprised to see Alex and your teacher Gans.

                        "Alex? Mr. Gans? What are you two doing here?" you exclaimed. They both quietly smiled and calmly stated, "We came to check up on the prince. People say, he has been in a bad mood lately." You nodded, looking back at Charles. He was in a deep sleep. You came up to him and put a blanket over him and hugged him before leaving. After spending the night thinking of the mysterious girl under so much stress, you could only think that sleep was the best medicine. "Let's go out in the hall so we don't bother the prince," Mr. Gans stated while quietly opening the door. "Yes," both you and Alex said while nodding and heading out the door.

                                                         "How do we fix this?" you finally asked them aloud once you were in the hall. "He hasn't eaten, drank, and he only fell asleep just now!" Both of the guys looked at each other, confused as ever. You shrugged and sighed at the same time with stress at the heart, looking for an answer in their eyes. "Why don't we - " you paused for a second before continuing. "Try to look for the mysterious girl then instead?" Both Alex and Mr. Gans looked at you with disbelief. "Princess, it is practically impossible to find the exact same girl from last night, we didn't even find her invitation!" Mr. Gans argued. "He's right Alexa. If we didn't even receive a name from her, then what are the chances we find her? Plus, what if she doesn't even exist?" Alex added. Both you and Mr. Gans looked at him with utter faces.

                                                  "What do you mean, doesn't exist?" you asked him. He smiled and continued explaining his theory. "What if we all wanted the Prince to find a wife so bad, that we all came up with her? The Masked Swan Lady in a beautiful gown with exquisite jewelry and crystal shoes that match her crystal eyes." "Don't be stupid!" you heard your teacher yell at him. "She couldn't have been made up if she left us a crystal shoe. Stop spreading false information!" Alex nervously sweat dropped at your teachers comment about him, while you decided to explain your idea of how to find the lady from last night. "If we have a crystal slipper of hers left behind, why don't we use it to find her?" you asked, catching their attention. "If we take the crystal shoe and let every girl in the kingdom to try it on, we may have a chance at finding her, since not many people actually own crystal shoes and not many are even able to wear them."

                                              Just a couple of sentences was enough to convince them to go and try out your idea. If it meant they had a chance to bring the old Charles back, they were ready for anything! You also went with them as a representative of the royal family. You went to so many houses but not a single girl fit the crystal shoe perfectly. You went through every house in town and there was only one left. Cinderella's mansion. You went up the door steps and knocked. The Dutchess opened the door and welcomed you three inside. Soon, her two daughters were called and they tried on the shoe. None of them fit the shoe and in fact, one of them almost broke the shoe with her feet! You were about give up on your search for the mysterious girl until Alex pointed out that there is another girl in this mansion that needs to try out the shoe. You waited for an explanation from the Dutchess about it. "Aww, yes. There is indeed a servant working here, her name is Cinderella. But you shouldn't waste your attention on her, she couldn't have made it to the ball at all!"

                                                               You and your teacher still insisted on it and Cinderella came downstairs to try on the shoes. "Please, Ms. Cinderella try on the shoes," your teacher begged. "Yes, Please!" Alex added. But Cinderella insisted that she wasn't the girl from last night. Eventually the guys gave up on her and decided to leave, but you stopped them. "No, you are going to try them on!" you insisted. But Cinderella again persisted. After some time persuading her, you started running out of patience. "Listen girl! This is a rule for every woman in the kingdom and out to try the shoe on! If you don't obey you'll be dealt with pretty badly." She still didn't budge. So you walked up to her and took her by her arms, yanked her up and forced her feet to slip in the glass slippers. The glass slippers fit perfectly on her! Everyone in the room stared gleefully at the girl as she couldn't understand what was happening.

                                                                        Your teacher quickly extended his hand towards hers and Alex led her to the carriage outside, while you closed the doors behind them. You all sat in the carriage with a smile. Especially you. Finally, Charles will rest easy. "Hey, Cinderella?!" you asked her. She hummed out a, "Yes?" and looked at you. "Why did you insist you weren't the girl that was dancing with Charles last night if the shoes fit you perfectly?!" Cinderella looked down with depressed eyes and answered, "Because commoners and royalty can't be together. We're just too different." You frowned but then smiled once again and replied, "It's not true. Your dad is a duke so you're not a commoner. Also, Charles will be glad to hear that one of his best friends is not only the love of his life, but also, his future wife." You leaned on her shoulder and hugged her reassuringly. Falling asleep, soon after.