Once Again, He's not Being Serious

You brought Cinderella back home and raced off with Charles back to the castle. You had to quickly change back to your royal clothes and tell your parents about what Cinderella told you. 

                                                            *Flashback*

                                     Your horse quickly galloped off, running through the forest for a couple of minutes until it got a little tired and stopped by a river that went by the forest path. "Huh. Your horse gets tired so fast." You turned your head towards the source of the voice who ended up being Charles. "Remember, my horse was holding up 3 people at the same time and was running at the speed where none of Zaral's subordinates could catch us. So, you should be thankful. I could've just took Cinderella and escaped without helping you." He quickly turned away at the comment and looked back at the path you came from. You stepped in the water looking for a rock to sit at and dangle your feet in the water, while Penelope was drinking water and Charles was looking around and Cinderella was awkwardly standing with nothing to do. 

                                                              "That was some amazing skills you showed us," Cinderella commented. You looked up at her, smiling. "Thank you, though, I'm pretty sure many other people can do the same thing I did back there. By the way are you ok?" Cinderella looked cautiously at you and answered, "I am but not the king." You and Charles sharply looked each other in the eyes with worry. Because if the duke is planning against your own parents, you must get involved in the situation now. 

                                                                 *Back to present*

                                          You rushed in the throne room quickly to tell your parents what you figured out, but when you opened the doors, Duke Zaral was already there! Seriously how did he get to the castle first? Charles jogged in the throne room, shocked the same way as you were. The duke turned his way towards you and smiled. "Oh, good to see you here. We were just talking about bringing you over to my house some time since my daughter is having her birthday soon and she would like the prince and princess to come to her birthday." You wanted to protest but Charles closed your mouth and faintly smiled to his parents and pulled you out of the room. He quickly pulled you aside and let you go whispering, "What were you doing? We don't want extra trouble to be put on us." You looked over at him sarcastically and asked, "So, if I can't tell my own parents that I want to go or no, then you want to?" Charles looked away with guilt and whispered back a 'no.' 

                                                "Then why are you covering up with smiles like that? Our parents will make us go to the birthday party if they don't know that we disagree with the idea." 

                                                            *Time Skip*

                                     You stood there by Charles's room, waiting for him to come out. Charles made you go on this birthday party because he didn't tell your parents you were against it. So here you were, ready to go to a birthday party you never wanted to go to.            

                                (This is what you put on)

                                         A couple minutes later the door opened and Alex walked out of the room in Charles's suit. You looked up a little dumbfounded at first but then you leaned towards him and asked him what was going on. He suddenly put on a sappy pouting baby face and started half - wailing to you that Charles didn't want to go but he has to because Zaral's subordinates are everywhere around and inside the castle. And there's no way to escape for him, so he dressed him up and said that he'll go to the birthday party instead but in a carnival mask. He begged you to go tell him to change it all back before some guards come by and make them go to the birthday party. You couldn't even take one step before Charles's new fencing teacher and math teacher came up around the hallway and brought you away to the carriage outside of the castle garden that will lead you to Zaral's mansion. 

                                                          *Time Skip*

                                The ceremony started. Everyone was in their place and the music echoed through the room as Isabelle walked down the staircase unto the crowd of people below. Once she came down the steps and walked up to you two, Alex handed her a bouquet of red roses and said that he was honored to be at such a beauty's birthday party. Honestly he played Charles very well, now it was your turn. Isabelle turned toward you and you pulled out a small ring box that held a necklace inside. That necklace had a small shaped emerald inside and it the chain which was made of gold. You presented it to her and passed it towards her. She took it, and held it in her other hand that wasn't holding the roses and she announced that now the party has officially started. 

                                                *Time Skip*  

                                     A couple hours went by and it was starting to get dark, while you and Alex still couldn't find or contact Charles anywhere. Duke Zaral had asked Alex multiple times to take off his carnival mask, but Alex couldn't or everyone would now that Charles was never even there at the party. Finally you saw Charles somewhere out in the bushes, talking to Cinderella, you smirked to yourself and walked off towards them. You stood behind Cinderella and gently coughed to get their attention. She quickly turned around, bowing in front of you and asking if you need assistance or help. You smiled and said that you just need the young man next to her to come with you. Charles sighed and followed you out behind some bushes where you forced Charles to go and change back to his prince suit. 

                                                     *Time Skip*

                                You were in your carriage, heading back to the castle, and Charles was just laughing because of what he created at the end of the birthday ceremony. He literally started completely ignoring Isabelle once he changed back and then he left the ceremony not paying interest in her at all. But you couldn't think about that now, there is something much more important on your mind. 

                                                               *Flashback*

                                Charles was changing into his prince suit while you walked off towards Cinderella. You stopped once you saw a man next to her and you could only get a hint of him which looked like he was a musician. But once they looked back at you, you turned around and quickly walked away not looking back. Really, but who was that man?