Festival of Flowers

You were sitting on a mini balcony above the large crowd of people that gathered for the festival of flowers. You covered your mouth as you yawned from boredom. It's not that the festival was boring, it was the behavior of your parents that bothered you. It was a tradition to have the royal family married at an early age, and if your older brother wouldn't marry, then you would have too. Charles was going to have his birthday soon and turn 17, so your parents were doing their best to get him a bride. You had to listen to your parents giggling and pointing fingers at girls while turning towards Charles and saying things like, 'That girl looks so rich,' or 'That girl is so pretty, don't you think?'

                                                        You finally got so annoyed of their blabber about the girls or whatever, that you just turned towards your parents and asked, "Mom, Dad, can I go down to that flower shop and buy myself some flowers for my room, it just feels very boring," you say as you pointed to the farthest flower shop. Your mom and dad looked at each other and nodded, saying, "Of course, just hurry up. The final result of the contest will be announced soon." You slightly smiled and stood up, but before you could leave you heard Charles speak up, "Mom, Dad, can I watch Alexandra while she's going there? It's a bunch of people we don't really know............. who knows where criminals may be hiding?" Your parents thought for a second and said, "Ok, but then, we want Alex to come with you too, in case." Charles nodded, and Alex stood up from his chair, walking over to you two and escorting you outside. 

                                                    "Alex, can I borrow a coat from you?" Charles asked. Alex sighed and took off one of his coats, telling him to hurry up. He left and in a minute he came out without his prince outfit, but in a normal white shirt and a reddish coat. You smiled and took out your change and asked the guys to wait for you as you left and went in the rest room to change.

                                                                 *Time Skip*

(This is what you changed in)

                                       (You hated running around in a ball gown, so you changed to something more comfortable. You also didn't want anyone to notice that you're the princess of the Emerald castle.)

                                        You came out of the restroom in a new outfit and jogged up to the guys. "I'm ready!" you happily cheered. Charles and Alex smiled at you and turned around walking down the street full of people. You raced up to them and continued walking with them. The conversation started off as Charles complaining to you and Alex that he doesn't want to marry anyone, you said, that you don't want to marry either. And Alex tried convincing you two into a marriage, but you said 'no.' "Alex, what if someone tried to get you married to a girl you never even knew? Would you like that? Marrying someone random?" He shook his head. "See, that's the same feeling we have. We don't want to marry this early and on a person we hardly even know or don't like."

                                                                    It was all complete silence between you three from there, until Charles asked if he could take some of your money and buy himself an apple. You sighed at his request but allowed him too. He took a couple of coins from you and got himself an apple, but as he was walking back towards you, a slightly blondish girl in a servant's dress bumped into Charles. It caused her and Charles to fall down to the ground, and it was a waste of your money cause the apple ended up falling into a puddle of mud. The blondish girl quickly stood up and started running away. You and Alex saw Charles on the ground and raced up to him, helping him up. When he stood up, he picked up a key, which probably belonged to the girl, and said that he will go after her and give it back to her. 

                                                  You sighed and held him back saying that you will go with him. He looked at Alex and took you by the wrist and started running. You started running towards the girl to give her back the key, and from a distance you could hear a faint, "Be Careful," from Alex. You chased the girl in front of you and she started running even faster. She probably got scared or something. Indeed she probably did, because you ended up chasing her across town. You were in a forest, chasing her down on a path which seemed to lead to a mansion at the end of town. Your legs were starting to hurt really bad from the running, and you could sense, Charles's were too. But you kept on running and ended up grabbing her by the wrist and Charles by her shoulders and she finally stopped. 

                                                                 She quickly turned around and half - screamed, "What do you need?! I already told you sorry, so why did you chase me all the way here?!" You slightly backed away, shocked at the rudeness you were receiving. But Charles stepped forward and showed her a bunch of flowers and said, "Aren't these yours?" You were a little confused, where did he get those flowers from? She got a little more angry and scowled, "Is this the only reason why you chased me down all the way over here?!" He just calmly smiled and took out something else from his pocket. The key. "Actually, we were running after you to give this back. Isn't this your key Miss? I think you dropped it when you bumped into me." She calmed down and checked her pocket, with an astonished face she took the key and put it in her pocket, sighing that she actually did drop it, while running away.

                                                                                                            And since you're the sister, you're kinda suppose to lighten up the mood and make everything seem cheerful, so you smiled and said, "Oh, it's ok, anyone would probably not notice a loss if they were in your situation. We're also very sorry, that we got you scared and made you run this far." She looked at you and scanned you carefully saying, "Then, why couldn't you tell me while we were running, that you had my key?" You giggled and said, "It's very rare to see girls run this fast, so we had to breath more than we usually do to keep up the pace, and that didn't allow us to tell you that we had your key while running." She saddened and sobbed out, "It's all my problem. If only I stopped for a sec to check on you, none of this would've happened." You looked over to her with Charles already trying to comfort her. You actually, genuinely, smiled this time. Charles was being so nice to her, like though it was his own sister.

                                                      After a couple minutes she stood up and thanked you and ran down the path towards the mansion. You waved back to the girl and asked Charles, "What caused you to be so nice, all of a sudden?" Before he could answer, you could hear a noise down the road, which appeared to be a royal carriage. You could see Alex in the front, holding the reins of the horses. He stopped the carriage in front of you and Charles, motioning you two to get in. You stepped inside and saw your clothes there. Alex explained that when you didn't return for a long time, he got a carriage and rode it over here with your things, so you could change once you get back. The carriage started going again and you sat down next to Charles.  

                                                                   The carriage silently rocked back and forth, lullabying you to sleep. You felt a great urge to sleep after running for a long time, and your eyes started closing and your head rested on Charles's shoulder as the carriage silently rocked a silent rhythm. And with that, you drifted off to sleep.