Vineyard Lies

It was a new day in the middle of summer and as always it was boring too. You wish. Your asshole brother came up with another "fun" thing to do while in the castle, and that is like a total mess. Your parents are king and queen that have control over a big part of the state and in the Emerald kingdom, they have a Vineyard of their own. That vineyard has plenty of grape and varieties of fruits, but only the royal family can pick from them. And your brother decided to dress like a commoner and go to the Vineyard and "steal" fruit that is basically his. Boy did it screw up the day.

                                                It was two weeks since he started doing that and you were sent by Alex to usually supervise him, so that nothing bad happens. That day you went with him again. The sunshine gently stroked your hair as Charles picked a couple branches of grapes off the tall green vines. You looked around to make sure the watcher of the Grape Yard wasn't there. You carefully scanned the tall bushes and noticed a girl with brown hair, hungerly staring at some grapes in her hand. She turned her head at you and smiled when she recognized you. You smiled back at the girl when you saw it was Cinderella. 

                                  "Hey, you there! Hault!" You looked to the side to see the watcher of the vineyard running up to you two and you grabbed unto Charles's shirt pulling him away, running away as fast as you could. You ran by Cinderella and haulted at a corner looking back, seeing no one. "I think we lost him." You then pulled on your brother's collar pulling him swiftly back as the watcher appeared in front of you, trying to pierce Charles's head with his pitchfork. You turned around pulling him along with you, trying to run away. 

                                                                   *Time Skip*

                                  You were back at the castle and once you reached Charles's room, you through him on one of his chairs and grumbled, waking up Alex who was asleep on another one of Charles's chairs. "You're next Alex!" you yelled as you walked up to Alex, setting your hand on the chair's back. Alex struggled to get away so he just gave up and said, "Maybe, we can make a compromise." "What do you mean, a compromise!?" you yelled. "Charles almost got stabbed through his head by a pitchfork, and look at what happened to me," You pointed at your messy hair and dirty shoes. Alex looked at you and then at Charles pausing for a second. "Yeah, he did a good job," you heard Charles mumble while stuffing his mouth with grapes. "He ran around the whole vineyard chasing me and Alexa, almost stabbed me through with a pitchfork." 

                           Your eyebrow twitched at his comment and you let go of Alex's chair, sighing at how naive he is about life, but you paused once you heard some footsteps outside of the room. Charles whispered something to Alex and took all of the grape leftovers to the trash can before the door could open, revealing Mr. Gans. "Gentleman, I hope you are doing something productive while having a break," Mr. Gans stated once he entered the room. 'I wish,' you thought. He then moved his glance to you and slightly bowed his head with respect, while you did the same and smiled. Charles then stumbled to his chair and looked nervously at Mr. Gans. "Gentlemen, don't forget about your art class in an hour. You need to turn in your art projects today. I hope you're using this time to revise on your art work and not joke around doing nonsense," he paused thinking for a sec and then setting his tone to you, "Miss, you shouldn't forget about your math test today either."

                                               You nodded, remembering that math test you wish never came. Charles chuckled and said, "Of course. We were just taking a snack break." He picked up a grape branch, showing it to his teacher. He nodded, turning around but then quickly turning back to say something else. "Oh, by the way, the watcher of the grape fields finally caught the person that stole grapes from the royal family's garden. It think it was a girl, about Alexa's age, I think her name was Cinderella." All of a sudden, Charles started coughing when he heard that and you just sighed and whispered to him, "You airhead, what did you think would happen." 

                                                      *Time Skip* 

                           You were in a carriage with Charles, going to the vineyard to meet the watcher of the fields. The sunshine touched your face gently while you kept glancing out the window, looking at the sunset. The carriage stopped and you walked out to the watcher's house with Charles. Sparking a conversation, Charles continued talking to the watcher, while you just zoned out staring into the sunset not paying attention to their conversation. 

                                             *Back at the castle*

                            You were in Charles's room, writing, while Alex and Charles had their own conversation. Suddenly, Alex asked you, "Alexa, do you think Charles likes anyone?" You thought about it and answered, "Depends on the situation." After a couple of seconds both of you started laughing. Honestly, isn't Charles just overreacting? Or does he have feelings for Cinderella? Maybe it's his sense of guilt kicking in...............