~27. Everything we could never have...~

*Vera's POV*

It is not true. You should trust. You should trust, someone. Trust people you love with personal things and risk to be hurt. Risk that it's used against you. Because, what if it isn't?

Shutting down and not trusting destroys you. Not from the outside, no. But form the inside... hurt is part of life and you'll grow eventually...

"Are you ready?"

My head spun around and there she stood. Her beautiful, perfect brown waves laying over her shoulder, as she hold her arm out for me.

"For what?" I asked, as if it was the most regular thing and there I cought her emerald green eyes lightning up in amusement. Her mouth stretched into a wide smile.

"Your wedding? Sweetie, your mind seems to be everywhere but here." My mom laughed and I glared down on myself. She was right. At least I wore someone white. A wedding dress I suppose. Chic.

"Did Celia come?" I asked, whilst intertwining our arms.

"She's sitting with the others. No need to worry. Now let's not let Cate wait for too long, shall we?" Her angelic voice echoed and my bright view became even brighter and whiter, before I suddenly stood on a beach.

The warm sand tingled underneath my feet, in-between my toes and the sound of gentle waves crushing against the beach, was music to my ears. My eyes remained close and I took in the feelings and sounds, even the smell, which didn't seem too special at first.

Yet my favorite one touched my nose, making me crunch the tip of it. Hands embraced my middle and started to twirl me around, earning giggles to leave my throat.

"Cate!" I laughed. "I'm still pregnant!"

Suddenly she placed me back in the sand and I turned around. "What are you talking about?" The woman chuckled and cupped my face. "The twins are five. You aren't pregnant anymore or did you mean you want another child—"

"No, I think the sun had too much influence on me today." A grin fell upon my lips, before I kissed her passionately. I would never get enough of her. The way we would kiss.. embrace one another... it was a dream. Truly.

"I'm happy you decided to wear something chic."

"Although you wouldn't have minded my stunning grocery store look?" Cate snickered and shook her head.

"Well, yes... shall we go and eat something? The pasta bar looks delicious and it smells so good!" My wife groaned out.

"Well, how could I say no to my wife?" I flashed a smile.

"Good answer, Mrs. Blanchett." Cate smooched my forehead and we found ourselves back inside, where music was blasting through every single speaker.

"Roni, sweetie." Celia called out behind me, making me turn on my heels immediately. "You look so beautiful!" She squealed out in excitement.

"I'm so clad you came!" I wrapped my arms around the woman and let my hands stroke her back.

Wasn't it perfect?

"Honey, are you coming?" Cate screamed and my gaze wandered across the huge room, until I caught her standing in the middle. "Don't you think we should have our dance?"

The most satisfied grin was glued to my face, meanwhile I approached my wife. She looked perfect. As always. Cate always looked more than gorgeous.

Breathtaking. Heavenly.

My forehead rested on hers, as our bodies were pressed together. "I love you." I cooed.

A magnificent simper painted over Cate's plum lips, before she whispered. "I love you more and no arguing."

It was as if I had fallen asleep. It was so unbelievably calm.. yet someone tapped my shoulder and I opened my eyes again.

"Can we take a picture mama?" Edith smiled at me widely, Iggy next to her as well.

"Only if you hug me tightly." Both of them laughed and suddenly I felt two little kids playing with my dress, causing me to look to the ground. "Oh you two better get off the ground." I laughed at the twins.

"You've got some evil siblings, you know that, right?"

"You got evil kids. What's better?" Iggy laughed in a deep voice. He had grown up so much...

"Please, we are not evil." Edith shook her head. "We are special."

"Because that sounds so much better?" I chuckled along with them.

And whilst the two kept chattering, I allowed my eyes to roam through the room. Everyone was here. My mom, Celia, even Amena, all of my kids, Cate... it was perfect.

Hell, I even had a pasta bar! What could be better?

At least it would have been amazing. Because that is how I imagined to marry her. She was always on my mind. So, naturally Cate was the last thing on my mind, when I had drawn my last breath and took a very last blurry glimpse into her beautiful teary eyes.