~17. Flowers and frogs.~

*Cate's POV*

Vera was asleep, before I could unpack the whole luggage. She truly had been knocked out by her allergy pill.

Yet, I rather had her sleeping, than her agonizing over a constantly clogged nose and teary and itchy eyes. A week ago, we had that exact situation. Just like she mentioned in the car earlier, I was just as helpless as her mom. I had never before seen her like that. And I had seen her pretty much at her lowest. This was... well it was terrifying, as well.

The pills didn't work and Vera was seriously crying for an hour straight. I felt inhumanly sorry. That makes no sense, although it's the best way to describe it.

As if my kids are suffering, when sick or hurt. It physically ached my heart. Vera... it was just like that with her.

Peacefully, the woman was sleeping in front of me, for half an hour. I was holding her. This vulnerable bundle. I loved her. No matter what.

After I tucked Vera in and ensured her feet were covered, I went back downstairs. Ros was seated in the living room, leaving me wondering where Paulson was at. The woman turned her head and flashed her kind smile.

"Sarah is taking a nap in her room." She answered my question, before I was able to even ask it.

"Vera does the same. So, how have you been?" I seated myself next to her, allowing my ears to take in every detail Ros would give me on her life.

The woman chuckled and cleared her voice. "We moved. -Actually quite far away." The dark blonde added. "Robie was immensely thrilled about it. The boys... let's say, they are getting used to it. -gosh, but I love it. The Czech Republic is such a gorgeous place to be. We mostly have been shooting there as well..." Ros gave me a questioning look.

"For your series. I've been updated. Vera saw advertisement for it actually and now she's been begging me to start watching it with her, but she still didn't recognize you outside." I chuckled.

"Oh, I see. Well, Sarah and I thought-"

Sloppy steps approached from behind and a sneeze followed, causing my lips to form into a slim smile. "Bless you, sweetheart."

"Thanks." Vera sniffed and shifted in her position, before I pulled her body in front of me onto the couch. "Why did you leave?" She questioned sleepily, whilst I freed her face form her own tangled chestnut curls. Her skin felt hot underneath my fingertips, as they brushed along her temple.

"I didn't want to wake you. How did you sleep?"

"Good, but I'm still tired." The brunette groaned, meanwhile stretching out her arms.

"Have you been outside yet?" Ros asked and Vera gave a firm shaking of her head from left to right. "Well, Cate here is a great guide."

"Oh shush." I laughed, along with the woman.

"A walk sounds good. I might wake up." Vera grinned at me.

"Listen to her." The dark blonde snickered. "Catching up. Sarah and I thought about a kayak trip."

"When?"

"We thought about-" Ros glimpsed at her wrist watch. "In an hour?"

Although Vee seemed rather unbothered and kinda indecisive, we agreed to the trip, before making our way outside. A comfortable, warm breeze surrounded me, as it sizzled along my skin. This place.. I would never get bored of it. Every year it looked the same. The only difference: growing trees and generally plants, yet it wasn't overflowing at all. Apart from teh parking lots. Now that was a whole different thing.