~6. First kiss?~

(Tw: violence and abuse )

A/ N : the next chapter (7) will take a while to be finished, cause I'm like super busy with exams and just mental stuff. Whatsoever, have a nice reading and have in mind there may be triggers in the story!

Feel free to dm me any time, I'm open to talk about anything, probably?!
Stay safe!💕

——————

Black. Everything around me was pitch black. My eyes couldn't even take in the silhouette of my own hands, which made my heart pound faster. There was no smell at all. Strange. At least I was standing on something flat.

"Where have you been?" An all too familiar voice reached my ears, as if she stood right behind me. My body tensed and I turned around, as if I was able to see anything. "Veronica, I'm gonna ask you this only one time again. Where. Have. You. Been?" Her stern tone forced my lungs to hold a breath.

"I- um..." The room fell cold, as if the biggest snow storm hit in.

"VERONICA!"

"Rita-" All of a sudden a hand connected with my cheek harshly, forcing me to stumble backwards. I closed my eyes, whilst holding the burning skin with one of my hands. My face was being grabbed roughly. Nails digged into my skin, making me whine out quietly.

"ANSWER MY QUESTION!"

"I- I was here." I stuttered and felt my eyes growing watery. "Home."

"Why didn't you answer your phone then?!" The woman, who had to stand in front of me, spit out. "Open your goddamn eyes, Veronica! It's like I'm talking to a fucking toddler!" She yelled at me, which sorta made me jump under her grip. I didn't dare to let her wait any longer, afraid of the outcome, so I flung my eyes open. In front of me stood the black-haired woman, whom I loved. Her blue eyes glared fox-like at me. Slim, mysterious, cool... deadly. Rita's eyes traveled down to my thighs. "What have you done, VERONICA?!" She screamed at me and gripped harder on my face.

"I- I- I'm sorry..." I cracked out, oppressing tears, without success.

"Your legs were so beautiful and now you ruined them!" The woman spoke in a strong and cold tone. "At least it's not deep. Maybe it'll fade, so I will barely notice it..." She muttered full of anger. All of a sudden, another slap followed, making me cry out. As the tears dripped down my cheeks, hitting her hand, she looked back into my eyes. The contact caught her attention.

"Babe, I didn't mean to... I'm sorry." Rita said with knitted brows. "Please, I'm sorry, babe. Don't be mad at me, I had such a stressful day at work, I don't know where my mind is." The woman spoke close to tear up. "Forgive me, will you? This won't happen again." I nodded quickly, hoping for the last part to be true, this time...

I blinked and suddenly, I was back in our living room, falling into the coffee table. The glass shattered underneath me, as it cut my back and arms. A ringing appeared inside my head. A painful whine slipped out of my lips. The woman whom had pushed me, was on top of me. Rita's hands wrapped around my throat, squeezing down. Her face was everything but soft. She was determined to hurt me and she liked it. "Please... " My voice barely a whisper. Tears rolled down on each side of my face, whilst the air inside my lungs was used up, but no new one was let inside. "Please!... ...don't!.... s-stop."

Those blue eyes didn't even change. A smirk formed on Rita's lips, whilst a dark strand of hair slipped off her shoulder, tickling my face. Finally, I managed to lift my arms up from the ground and so I clung them around her wrists, in attempt to loosen them. Nothing. Not a single attempt of mine helped. "Bitch, you won't leave me. You won't fucking leave me, VERONICA! I'm going to kill you!"