12

Jimin pov

He would be lying if he said that holding a black card in his hands and going shopping wasn't like riding a bike.

He found himself directing the alpha's chauffeur to his favorite department store, but somehow once he got there, swiping wasn't as easy as it used to be.

He checked price tags and winced thinking about how he could pay rent on a better apartment for the price of things he would never have thought twice about buying just a year before.

Living on his own and having to decide between food and light had given him a whole new perspective.

Made him appreciate his life before in a way he had never done.

It wasn't that he'd been ungrateful, or even a snob, it just hadn't mattered.

It was how he'd been raised, it was his life.

He suddenly felt less like shopping than he had earlier in the day when he had handed over a credit card and told him to get what he needed.

They'd spoken over breakfast about meeting Jungkook's papa on Saturday but jungkook had clammed up every time Jimin tried to ask why he didn't just take an omega he was actually dating to meet his papa.

There was a story there.

But he wasn't sure if it was his place to pry.

He sighed, that thought actually made him a little sad.

Sure he'd known the alpha for less than twenty-four hours but there was something about him.

He could tell there was a story in the alpha's refusal to speak about his reasons for asking jimin to be his boyfriend, lover...

Jimin wasn't even sure what the correct title would be for them.

But Jungkook was definitely commitment-phobic if his curt answer of "I don't date" was anything to go on.

It wasn't like the alpha would be lacking in suitors, the man was the very definition of alpha perfection.

From his cheekbones beneath smooth tanned skin, dark hair with lighter highlights he assumed where natural after seeing the pictures of both his parents.

Nope, the man should have no trouble attracting any omega he wanted.

But for some reason, he'd decided to ask a total stranger to play the role of his significant other to make his papa happy.

He had seen and heard the love and worry in Jungkook's voice, and the little frown that appeared on the alpha's brow when he spoke about his papa's declining spirits since losing his father.

Jungkook's willingness to go as far as procuring a boyfriend...

lover—oh he wasn't sure what to refer to himself as––but the fact that the alpha was willing to do this to make his papa happy.

well it told Jimin more about the alpha than mere words could.

Jimin simply hoped he didn't end up being a disappointment.

He'd already disappointed his parents, he would hate to disappoint Jungkook and his papa.

But how could he not?

He was an omega pregnant with another alpha's child.

Although, Jungkook might not be planning to have he stick around long enough for his papa to figure out that not so little detail.

He couldn't imagine Jungkook's papa being pleased about that development.

He sighed. Gods, he'd really messed up his life hadn't he?

Jimin decided he would pick out one outfit, one outfit that would make the best impression on Jungkook's papa.

Maybe if Jimin could make the alpha's papa happy it would make up for how much he'd disappointed his parents.

He knew one had nothing to do with the other but... he really missed his parents.

Jungkook had deduced that Jimin came from money, not that Jimin had been forthcoming with his last name.

He wasn't sure why though, it wasn't like he had to worry about Jungkook wanting him for his trust fund, not that he had one anymore.

Even if he did have his trust fund, the alpha was probably as wealthy or wealthier than his family. So it would be moot.

What if Jungkook's papa knew his papa?

They probably ran in the same charitable circles.

Fuck. All these thoughts were making him feel a little ill.

He picked up two outfits and hurried to the register while pretending he hadn't spotted any of the usual sales associates that helped him when he used to frequent the store.

He paid for his purchases and decided he was done for the day.

He needed to go home.

When he got back into the chauffeured car that Jungkook had insisted he use, Jimin closed his eyes and breathed in deeply, trying to stop the onset of panic.

All the stress couldn't be good for the baby.

Jimin met the chauffeur's gaze in the mirror, "Home please."

It wasn't until he was back in his room, resting before he got up to make dinner for himself and Jungkook, that he realized that he'd called Jungkook's house home.

_________________________________________