11

Jungkook pov

Jungkook had left for work after breakfast with Jimin.

He had to admit having breakfast at his table with someone to talk to wasn't half bad.

He usually had breakfast at his desk in his office served by his assistant while looking at his itinerary for the day.

He had considered taking the day off and taking the omega out to pick up new clothes and what ever else he would need to replenish all that he'd lost.

Jimin had balked at first when he handed him the black card, flat out refusing to pick the card up, until jungkook pointed out he had nothing, and his belongings were destroyed the previous night.

A part of Jungkook had wanted to tag along, but he'd known it was a bad idea because of how much he did want to go. This was nothing more than two people in a mutually beneficial partnership.

So why had the scent of Jimin's arousal been his undoing?

He'd stepped away from the omega like he'd been burned.

And clearly Jimin thought it was a bad idea because neither of them addressed the situation; instead they'd both refused to look at each other.

Even now in the middle of his day, he couldn't stop thinking about how the omega was getting on.

He had offered Jimin the use of his chauffeur and one of his cars, so he knew the man was safe.

But somehow that wasn't enough to stop him thinking about Jimin.

Maybe it was just his alpha instincts to an omega under his protection.

But Jungkook knew that didn't explain his behavior from the moment Jimin had looked at him with those clear blue eyes and taken his hand, something had sparked or fluttered to life.

Nope.

He wasn't going there; last time he had, his heart had taken a beating and his ego a knockout.

Jimin was,should be untouchable.

So why couldn't he get the man off his mind?

Jungkook was about to finally get back to work, the work he'd been ignoring like a schoolboy crushing on the new kid.

He might as well start doodling their names in his notebook followed by hearts, for how much he'd gotten done.

His family's grocery store empire wouldn't run itself.

He sighed and focused on the document for the acquisition of a small chain of stores that had approached them for a buyout.

He was looking through the documents when his phone rang.

His personal cell, whose number only a select few had.

Including Jimin. Jungkook picked up immediately without checking who was calling.

"Jimin?"

"Who's Jimin? Is that his name? Oh, Son, I was calling to see if you would cancel, but now I want to know all about the person that gets you to answer your phone sounding so concerned."

"And might I add, not taking a second to check your caller ID." His papa blurted without pausing for breath.

"Papa," Jungkook sighed in amusement.

"Don't Papa me, tell me all about him. I know he's not one of your friends, so he has to be the special one."

If Jungkook had thought he was doing the wrong thing lying to his papa, this phone call, the excitement in his papa's voice like he was a teenager waiting on the gossip, reassured him he hadn't.

His papa sounded happier than he had in recent memory and that alone was reason enough to lie.

Besides, he was helping his papa and Jimin, which was like double good deeds for the year.

Maybe even the coming year, too, Jungkook reasoned.

He laughed, "Okay what was your first question? What do you want to know, Papa?"

"Son, you sound happy I'm glad. Now I can't wait to meet him even more."

"He must be wonderful to have you sounding so light and happy."

"He's special, Papa," Jungkook said instead of acknowledging his papa's observations.

Did he really sound lighter?

"Oh, Son, that's wonderful. All a parent wants is for their child to be happy."

"And all this son wants is for his papa to be happy," he cleared his throat now choked with emotion.

"Oh, baby boy, I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me,"

his papa replied equally emotional. "I know it seems like I keep pushing you to give me grandbabies, but it's just because I want you to be happy, as happy as I was with your daddy and as happy as we both were when you were born..."

"Do you see that with him, Jimin — a future?"

Jungkook hesitated unsure how to answer the question.

He didn't want to get his papa's hopes up even more than they already were, but a future with Jimin...

The thought didn't have him wanting to run in the other direction as quickly as he could like it had in the past when he'd considered letting anyone else close enough.

But maybe that had to do with the fact there were no messy emotions involved, just two people that needed each other, helping each other out.

No hearts getting broken.

"I... we... maybe." it was as close to a truthful answer as he could give.

"Hmmm, well I can't wait to meet him, Son. I'm sure if he has you this turned around, he's wonderful. Don't forget Saturday, see you then. Talk soon."

His papa hung up before he could get a word in.

Did the man think he would cancel in the couple of minutes it took to have the conversation?

He shook his head and laughed, the omegas in his life would definitely keep things interesting.

And why did his smile widen when he thought of Jimin as the omega in his life?

And why was he suddenly clock watching to check if it was time for him to go home when he was usually here till ten p.m. or later most days?

Jungkook decided these were all mysteries he wasn't willing to solve.

He would simply go with the flow.

Four hours till it was home time. He would be leaving at six p.m.

like a normal person.

He was pretty sure his assistant would call the company medic to have him checked.

He made the excuse to himself that it was to check on how Jimin was getting on, that was the same reason he'd been getting updates from his chauffeur.

Jimin's wellbeing while he was Jungkook's care.

Nothing more.

____________________________________________