Chapter 4

-No One POV-

Lucius and Bob are in the car in an alley talking and laughing as Lucius says, "So now I'm in deep trouble. I mean, one more jolt of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow, I managed to find cover. What does Baron Von Ruthless do?" Both men speak at the same time, "He starts monologuing." Lucius continues, "He starts this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him. How inevitable my defeat is, the world will soon be his. Yada, yada, yada. Yammering. I mean, the guy has me on a platter, and he won't shut up." They both stop talking as they hear the radio, "Municiberg, we have a 23-56..." Bob repeats, "23-56, what is that? Robbery?" Lucius then adds, "This is just sad." "Robbery. Want to catch a robber?" "No. Tell you the truth, I'd rather go bowling. Look, what if we actually did what our wives think we're doing? Just to shake things up."

In the distance another car is sitting by watching the two from afar as a woman then says, "He's not alone. The fat guy's still with him. They're just talking." Back inside the car with the two men Lucius is leaning on top of the wheel as he asks, "What are we doing here?" "Protecting people." "Nobody asked us." "You need an invitation?" "I'd like one, yes. We keep sneaking out to do this, and... You remember Gazerbeam?" Bob nods, "There was something in the paper." "He had trouble with civilian life." "When did you see him?" "I don't see anyone from the old days. It used to be just Josh and you. Don't you find it alarming that more and more superhero's that we knew started disappearing right after Josh and Amy had disappeared and claimed dead. It also looked like they were struggling with being a civilian." Both men sit there thinking about their old friends that are no longer with them. Lucius then adds, "And we're pushing our luck as it is."

Bob then says, "Come on." "It was fun the first time, but if we keep doing this... We're going to get..." He was cut off by the radio again, "We have a report on a fire..." "A fire. We're close!" Bob yells excitedly, "Yeah, baby!" Lucius adds, "We're gonna get caught." Lucius turns on the car following Bob as he was excited. The speed off without knowing that the same woman from earlier starts following them as well.

While that was happening, Grace was in her room lying down in bed thinking about today events. She smiled a bit recalling that peaceful moment with Victor and everything that happened at during dinner. Even though it wasn't the most idea scenario on how they family acted a bit distant or arguing with each other, it was something still nice to her wondering if she would've experienced a similar situation as them if her parents where there with her. She sighed and rolled over to the side and shut her eyes trying to get rid of that thought. She then hears talking from the living room as she then turned invisible from mimicking Vi earlier. She then sneaks out of her room carefully and walks to the next door which was Vi. She entered and saw him sleeping as she becomes visible again and walks over to his bed and starts shaking him a bit. She then felt a breeze behind her as she turns around seeing Dash there as she asks, "You heard them as well?" Dash nods as she sighs and turns back to Vi sitting on the bed and shaking him again whispering his name.

"Vi... Vi... wake up Vi..." He starts waking up smiling happy to see Grace as the first thing he sees. Grace gives him a small smile as well as she then whispers to him, "Sorry for waking you up Vi... but I think your parents are arguing right now." He gets up sighing and nodding, "All right let's go check it out." The other two nod as Vi and Grace hold each other's hand and they all sneak over to the living room as Dash used his speed to not be noticed, while Vi and Grace uses invisibility to hid get through. But they still needed to hide a bit as their clothing's would show. They all got to their places as Grace and Vi stuck with each other still holding hands as they watch Helen speak, "Have you been listening to the police scanner again?" 

Bob sighed, "Look. I performed a public service. You act like that's a bad thing." "It is a bad thing, Bob! Uprooting our family again, so you can relive the glory days is a bad thing." "Reliving it's better than acting like they didn't happen!" "Yes! They happened! But this, our family, is what's happening now, Bob. And you are missing this! I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation." "It's not a graduation. He's moving from fourth to fifth grade." "It's a ceremony!" "It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity but if someone is exceptional..." Graces squeezes Vi hand a bit as he does the same to her letting her know that he was there for her as they continued to watch. "This is not about you, Bob. It's about Dash." "You want to do something for Dash? Let him actually compete. Let him go out for sports!" "I will not be made the enemy here! You know why we can't do that."