Chapter 2

-No One POV-

A month later there is an announcement all over Metroville. "In a stunning turn of events, a superhero is being sued for saving someone who apparently, didn't want to be saved. The plaintiff, Oliver Sansweet, who foiled in his attempted suicide by Mr. Incredible, has filed suit against the famed superhero in Superior Court." Mr. Sansweet lawyer then speaks, "Mr. Sansweet didn't ask to be saved. He didn't want to be saved. The injury received from Mr. Incredible's 'actions,' causes him daily pain." The camera moves over to Mr. Incredible with Captain Magma who is holding him back a bit as Mr. Incredible says, "I saved your life!" Mr. Sansweet then yells back at him, "You didn't save my life! You ruined my death." The lawyer then speaks again, "My client has no comment." 

It goes back to the announcer, "Five days later another suit was filed by victims of the El train accident. Incredible's court losses cost the government millions. And opened the floodgates for dozens of superhero lawsuits the world over." A governor is shown speaking, "It is time for their secret identity to become their only identity. Time for them to join us or go away." It switches back to the announcer, "Under public pressure and the financial burden of an ever-mounting series of lawsuits, the government quietly initiated the Superhero Relocation Program. The supers were granted amnesty from responsibility for past actions, in exchange for the promise to never again resume hero work. Where are they now? They are living among us. Average citizens, average heroes. Quietly and anonymously continuing to make the world a better place."

After that announcement was made all around the world it has been a year since all the heroes have been in hiding and the five heroes had still stood together living close by one another. They had accepted that they are no longer supers as the Parr's and Jones have created a family of their own. Both had a child of their own. The Parr's had a boy named Victor Parr, while the Jones had a girl named Grace Jones. The two families had decided to live as close together to help one another taking care of their children. The babies are three-month-old as they both started showing their powers. The Jones had gone over to the Parr's for a play date between the two babies and to just hang out with each other. They were all in the living room watching as the babies were playing with each other and crawling around.

Amy was the first to speak, "My goodness our kids are already three months old, time does fly by fast." Helen nods, "It sure does, Victor has already started revealing his powers." Bob nods proudly as Josh asks, "Really? Nice, Grace has also started showing her powers. What does little V have?" Bob smiles, "He is able to render himself invisible and generate force fields." "That is cool." Bob nods, "What does Grace have?" "Josh smiles, "She has the same as her pops and mom." Helen smiles, "That is wonderful. It will be easier to teach her how to use them then." The Jones nods as Amy says, "Yes, we are thankful that her powers are something that we could relate to." Bob then smirks, "Is your daughter able to use her powers at the same time." Josh squints his eyes at him accepting his challenge, "No, she could only use one at a time. But at least I would be able to find her as she doesn't turn invisible." The roles switched as Josh smirks and Bob squint his eyes at him. Both women look at their men and then at each other sighing thinking the same thing, "Men." They laugh at the same thought as Helen just recalled something, "Wait. So, your daughter can't use her powers at the same time?" 

Amy nods, "Yes. I guess it is one of those limitations to her powers, but what we find odd is that sometimes she would use one more than the other when she's around us." "What do you mean?" Bob nods also wondering as Josh then says, "Yeah, when Grace is with Amy, she would only use her water ability then her lava. But when she is around me more, she would only use her lava instead of her water." Bob nods, "That is unusual." The group then looks back over to their children who are playing on the ground together just to see that they were no longer there.