man's cold expression froze slightly, and he didn't expect him to ask such a strange question.

Feng Yi and Zhuang Xiaohui held their foreheads while covering their faces, and their already extremely unstable emotions were on the verge of collapse. Knowing that he is the emperor, can't you say a few words less? Even if you resist a few beatings, you will lose your life if the two boards go down!

The two originally thought that the emperor would definitely be annoyed by Zhuang Li's series of strange questions, but something even more strange happened. The emperor looked at him seriously, shook his head and said, "Don't worry, I won't let you be beaten."

Huh? What does it mean? What nonsense are the two playing? Feng Yi and Zhuang Xiaohui were completely stunned.

However, Zhuang Li breathed a sigh of relief, then smiled and raised his eyebrows, poked the hibiscus flower that the man was holding in his palm with his fingertips, and said lightly, "I knew you were a good person."

There seemed to be a little smile in the dark eyes of the man, but it quickly disappeared. He had long forgotten what pleasure was like.

As soon as the conversation between the two ended, Zhuang Ai brought his wife and a pair of children and hurried out to greet him.

"Go down." The man ordered in a deep voice.

Zhuang Xiaohui and Feng Yi had no choice but to climb out of the carriage resignedly, and stood aside timidly.

Zhuang Li also wanted to climb down, but was wrapped around his waist by the man's strong arms. In the end, he was taken down. The man placed him lightly on the ground, as if caring for a fragile item.

This is the gentleness that men never show to the outside world.

Zhuang Ai led the whole family to kneel down and gave a big salute. After being allowed to stand up, she raised her eyes cautiously, looked at the saint, and then showed a stunned expression.

"Why are you here?" He pointed at Zhuang Li and Zhuang Xiaohui, then looked at his wife, as if he understood something.

Mrs. Zhuang Hu's expression was a little flustered.

So Zhuang Ai immediately retracted his gaze, unable to bear to reveal his doubts about his wife in front of others.

Just now he instructed his wife to call Zhuang Li and Zhuang Xiaohui to come out to greet them, but his wife said that the two of them slept so deeply that they could not wake up. He also lost his temper at that time, and threatened to teach the brothers and sisters a good lesson when he sent the saint away. There was no one there at all.

The wife doesn't want the two brothers and sisters to show their faces in front of the emperor, right? As a mother, she will inevitably think a little more about her own children. Without the brothers and sisters spoiling the situation, Yu Qing and Yun Zhu might be able to win the sage's favor.

Zhuang Ai understood his wife's thoughts, but she didn't feel angry. Compared to Zhuang Li and Zhuang Xiaohui, the pair of unpromising things, his heart naturally favored the eldest son and the young daughter.

He cupped his hands and asked cautiously, "Your Majesty, why are my sons and daughters with you? Wei Chen didn't even know that they ran out in the middle of the night."

Although he didn't know what happened, he had already removed his responsibility first. This is by no means a father who loves his children.

Feng Ming raised his chin and said in a cold tone, "Go in and talk."