Chapter 2 (Danish Raghwan)

Lack of Trust Part 2

A man was standing in front of glass big wall staring at a beautiful 24/7 awake city of New York deeply lost in his thoughts.

There was no expression on his face but his aura was screaming danger and power.

His one hand on wall and other hand in his pants pocket.

He didn't want to think about her but still she was the only one in all his thoughts.

He asked himself only one question every time why was she still in his thoughts even after seven years when she shouldn't be?? Why he couldn't get her out of his mind and heart despite his best efforts???

The one who was the cause of his pain but why did his stubborn heart still yearn for a glimpse of her??

He cursed himself for letting her rule his heart and mind when she was not even physically with him. He cursed himself for loving her so much that in seven years without her, his heart was still restless.

He thought every moment that where his love was lacking, what she did that pushed them away from each other forever.

He gave her everything love, care, loyalty which a partner could give to her partner then why did she do that?

If she had any problem with anyone, she could have told him and he would have found a solution but what she did was absolutely wrong and there was no justification for that, neither then nor now.

His phone's shrill ringtone snapped him out of her depressed thought. He looked at the caller id taking out his phone from his pocket and sighed heavily to face the unavoidable topic of his life from which he could only run but could not escape.

He answered the call and held to his ear waiting for him to say.

"Bhai (Brother) when will you come home???? Everyone is missing you a lot. Please come back bhai (Brother)" On the other side of the call he heard the sad voice of his younger brother who had been asking him to come to India for the last seven years. He himself also wanted to go to India, wanted to live with his family but if he stayed there then he didn't know what he will do in his anger???

He could feel his pain in his voice but then he could not do any help to reduce it. It's not that he didn't want to help, he just didn't have the courage to face all that. No matter how strong he may show himself from outside, but inside he was a scared child who did not want to face the demon outside the sheet.

He also missed his family and craved for them as much as they all did but he didn't want to go back there, if it made him a coward, then let him but he didn't want to go back there where he lost everything seven years ago, his happy family, his love, his smile, his purpose to live but when he remembered who was responsible behind this, his heart broke into pieces, which hurt him so much that sent him to the verge of death but did not let him die.

He lost everything because of the woman who was once his world to him, whom he loved more than his life.

" You know that I don't want to come there." He took a deep breath to calm himself before saying in his emotionless voice. After his reply, he got only silence from the other side which was enough to tell him that he had again crashed his younger brother's hopes like he had been doing for the last seven years.

His brother got dejected hearing his emotionless voice and his answer, this was not a new thing for him, he was used to it for the last seven years but he still missed his elder brother who was his best friend and role model who was always with him like a true mentor.

How could he explain to his brother that he could not punish everyone for one's crime, especially not those who loved him and always wanted the best for him?