e l e v e n

"Well...nothing. Besides, why do you care? I'm not a child, I can handle myself."

"Oh but I'm your wife! You should tell me everything!...Not that I'm obliging you or anything..."

[Name] smiled awkwardly. This wasn't going as smooth as she had hoped. Seth raised a brow, curious at her sudden anxiousness. Perhaps was something troubling her? He hadn't seen [Name] beings so fidgety for a few years now.

"What are you hoping for?"

"Me...hoping for something?"

"You're clearly expecting a specific response from me."

"Oh. Not really...? I mean not a response. More of an explanation."

"For what? For beating that bird head?"

The goddess shook her head. She carefully held her husband's hand in an attempt to soothe him for what she was to ask. Beating around the bush would do nothing and will only make it harder for her to communicate with Seth.

"Just...I saw you and Osiris yesterday. And I saw you two...you know and you were clearly being forced so I just waned to-AUGH!"

A hand seized her by the neck. [Name] coughed, gasping for air as she locked eyes with a furious Seth who was ready to kill right then and there if not for a slave who knocked on the door to the room to bring the goddess her supper. Seth clicked his tongue.

"I'll spare you this time since I'm in no mood to kill somebody."

"But Seth! I just want to help you! Is this why you killed Osiris? You know we could still tell Isis!"

"And what? What would telling Isis do?"

"..."

--a bit later--

"Master are you alright? You seem upset."

"I don't know Rana. I knew everything won't go as well as I would hope but still...I thought he would open up to me considering our history."

[Name] recalled the days of her youth. When she was just a child along with Seth, Isis, Osiris, and Nephthys. Together, they were the best of friends. Helping each other as they grow to become the gods that they are now. Especially her and Seth. They were the closest since they were the youngest.

"I thought all of us were still holding onto that past. But now...I think it may be just me."

Rana gestured to the other servants and they presented a small box with a large ruby placed on the center. The goddess curiously opened it to see a beautiful ring. She held it out and examined the intricate design on the inside.

"The honorable Hathor had passed on this gift awhile ago. She stated that the ring was an imported trinket she found befitting for you."

"Is that so? Then I shall relay my gratitude once the sun rises."

[Name] felt a bit more better as she rested her head on the headrest, closing her eyes as she fell into a deep slumber. Although she may have lost her most cherished friends, that didn't mean she didn't create new ones. Hathor, at first, felt like an overly cheery and impulsive lady but she wasn't so bad now. In fact, she was the one who always cheered up [Name] when she was upset.

sisters | enneadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें