Drowning Petals (Tommy angst)(3/3)

Wilbur POV

Wilbur drove as fast as he could, his heart pounding as every moment passed. He couldn't shake the guilt he felt. He had acted like Tommy was invisible. Always going to Tubbo whenever he had the chance. How could he be so blind? The blonde looked up to him like a brother.

Turning onto the street, he willed the car to drive faster. Closer and closer, but not close enough. He needed to know Tommy was okay. As he drove, he had constantly been calling Tommy. What worried him even more was how the blonde didn't answer once.

He threw his car into park as soon as he reached his driveway. Jumping out of his car, he grabbed the spare key. He fumbled with the key in his hand, trying to force it through the keyhole. It took a moment longer than he wanted. 

As soon as he was in the house, he began calling out, "Tommy! Tommy where are you?!" Part of him was hoping he would see an annoyed Tommy come from down the hallway. At least that way he knew Tommy was safe. But the house was silent, much to his dismay.

Skidding to a halt, Wilbur spotted him. The blonde was sprawled out on the floor, having fallen from his chair. His headphones hung from the desk, untouched. Flower petals littered the surrounding floor, but Wilbur pushed that confusion aside. All that mattered was Tommy.

He fell to the ground beside the fallen boy, immediately checking for injuries. He immediately spotted the bump on his head. Biting his lip, he carefully picked the boy up. He brought the boy into the living room and laid him on the couch. 

Voices came from behind him and Wilbur groaned. The call was still on. And what made it even worse was it was Tubbo. The boy was laughing with no care in the world. Wilbur glanced at Tommy to make sure he was comfortable before heading back to the computer.

Throwing on the headset, he could barely contain his anger. The mic picked up the movement, and Phil was quick to ask, "Tommy? Is that you? Are you okay?"

"It's Wilbur." the brunette said bluntly. Clenching his fists, he continued, "He's unconscious Phil and I-"

Tubbo started giggling once more, clearly not paying attention in the slightest. 

Wilbur barely thought before removing the teen from the call. He didn't have time to lecture Tubbo. He needed to focus on Tommy. 

"It's about time you did that. He was becoming unbearable." Phil grumbled before turning his full attention to the brunette. "Make sure he's comfortable and-"

"Phil, there's petals everywhere and I-"

Techno cut him off, "Like rose petals?"

"Yeah, how did you-" he began, again being cut off.

"Hanahaki..." he whispered so quietly that the mic barely picked it up.

Wilbur felt his blood run cold. "No..." he shook his head. Slowly standing up, his hands fell to his hair, gripping at it in a panic. Did he do this? Did he kill his brother?

Violent coughing took him out of his trance. Throwing the headphones aside, he raced to the living room. His eyes widened as he caught sight of Tommy hunched over, coughing up exactly what he feared. Rose petals.

He sprinted to Tommy's side, trying to figure out what to do. Tears filled his eyes as he realized there was nothing he could do. It was only a matter of time before the disease sucked the life out of him.

Tommy gasped for breath, finally letting out one last petal. He looked up at the older with broken eyes. An expression Wilbur had only seen once before. 

When Tubbo and him had gotten into a horrible argument. They didn't talk to each other for days. While it was annoying for Tubbo, it killed Tommy. The blonde refused to do anything, never leaving his phone for more than a minute. Wilbur had never been more relieved in his life when they made up.

"Tommy..." he whispered, allowing a tear to fall. The blonde barely made eye contact before tackling him in a hug. He gripped the sweater in his fists, finally feeling the comfort he had needed for so long. Wilbur held him close, hating the tears as they fell down his face. He needed someone strong, not someone who was breaking down. "I'm so sorry Toms... I-"

"Do you love me?" the blonde asked, desperate to hear his answer.

The brunette nodded, "You're my little brother Toms! I love you more than anything." Hope filled his eyes. He knew what the Hanahaki disease was. He knew it was curable. If he was the cause, he could fix this. 

But it wasn't that simple.

Tommy pulled back, a sad smile on his lips. "I'm dying Wil..." he murmured.

"No, we can cure this! Whoever-"

The blonde laughed dryly. "I tried." He cleared his throat, turning away from the older. "Tubbo won't even answer his phone. That's why I was hoping I could tell him in the call. Even if he was lying... maybe it would still work." He buried his face in his hands. "I'm going to die."

Wilbur shook his head. "We can fix it- we can-"

"Wil please stop."

"I'll make him say it! Or maybe we can go to a doctor. Or-"

"I've accepted it Wilbur. Please just..." He swallowed. "Just stay with me."

Wilbur let out a sob he didn't know he was holding. He was going to lose his little brother. And there was nothing he could about it. Tommy gently combed through his hair, trying to offer any kind of comfort he could. 

They stayed there for hours, reminiscing in the old times and the times that could have been. Wilbur didn't leave, even when he knew night was falling. Even when he knew Tommy wouldn't survive until morning. He stayed. 

Tommy took his last breath a few hours later. And Wilbur's world fell apart.

-------------

Hope you liked it!

Today's my birthday so I'll try to write as much as I can!! :)

This was the end of this one shot!

Feel free to request!

Thank you for 27.4K!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy