"Yor-"

"Loid-"

"Oh, you can go first."

"You go first."

They exchanged a look and burst out laughing. It broke the tension in the air and they were able to laugh out loud for the last time...

"No, but really you go first Yor," Loid offered to Yor.

"Okay..." Yor fidgeted with her hands and hesitated as if second guessing herself. Then she finally spoke up, "I really really really like you, and um I just wanted to let you know before we uh, we went to different colleges."

Holy cow, this was more than he imagined. He was getting confessed to! 

"Uh, but if you don't want to..."

Shoot. He was going to lose his chance. 

"No, no! I like you too!" Loid stammered, totally out of character, "I actually got you a gift..."

"You didn't!"

"I did!"

Loid pulled out the necklace from his pocket. It was wrapped up neatly in a little box. Yor cautiously opened it, looking back it probably looked like a proposal...

"A rose?" Yor questioned as she held up the rose pendant to the moonlight. 

"Yeah, cause you are as pretty as a rose."

"Smooth, Forger, smooth," Yor laughed and put the necklace on, "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"Anything for you," Loid smiled softly. He was happy that she liked the gift, he had picked it out himself. 

"Loid, I really like you can we go out?" Yor questioned in a whisper. 

"If you are okay with me. Please," Loid replied back immediately. He picked up Yor's hand and pressed his lips against the back of her hand, "I love you my Rose Princess."

"Rose Princess?" 

"Why not?"

"I want a more badass nickname!" Yor pouted, trying to hide her blushing cheeks. 

"? Ok? How about Thorn Princess?" Loid suggested, knowing full well that she was blushing furiously. 

"That's much better!" Yor smiled brightly like she did when they were kids. The smile that Loid had fell in love in. He was happy that he could see it often now.

"Take me home?" Yor asked

"Of course my Thorn Princess," Loid gave a dramatic bow and held his hand out. Giggling, Yor took his hand and they headed to the streets. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Since when did you like me?" Yor questioned Loid. His warm hand was in hers and they were walking slowly down the path to Yor's home. Loid hummed at her question. He glanced down at her and smiled. 

"Since the very beginning." 

"Huh?" Yor said confused, "That doesn't answer anything. Tell me a date or time." 

"You figure it out yourself!" Loid playfully teased Yor. He let go of her and and ran into the street with her chasing him closely. 

"Not fair! Tell me!" 

"No can do!" 

The couple played tag in the middle of the street, not noticing the approaching truck until the very last second. 

The beeping of the horn came first. The swerving. The lights. The slow-motion moving as Loid embraced Yor, hoping to reduce the impact of the crash. The screaming and crying of Yor as Loid watched her tears fall onto his face. Him noticing that she was bleeding from her head. The truck driver driving away from the scene. 

Ahh... if only he had more strength. Then he could help her more. Then he could have protected her. 

On his last breath, he wished that in his next life he would be stronger. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mama?" Anya's voice reached the dazed Yor's ears. 

"Yes Anya?" Yor gently replied. 

"What's the necklace that you always wear?"

"It's a rose." 

"I know that! But where did you get it?" 

"I don't know," Yor smiled down at the necklace, "But it was from someone very important." 

"That's who?"

"I don't know..."

"Anya! Stop pestering Yor-san and study!" Loid's voice called from the kitchen. 

"Shoot, it's devil Papa"

"Anya!" 

"Ok, I'm coming Papa!" 

Yor watched the pink-haired girl run back to the kitchen where her father was waiting. 

Where did she get the necklace? She wasn't sure. But she knew that the necklace came from a special person. 

"Cause you are as pretty as a rose. I love you my Thorn Princess..."