Chapter 1: Teyvat High Or Magix Academy?

Third Person POV

"Aether? Wake up you sleepyhead!" Lumine flopped onto her twin's bed in a loud effort to wake him up, throwing the light blue blanket off of him.

"What time is it?" Aether mumbled under his breath, absentmindedly swatting her hands away when she tried slapping him.

"It's called get your butt up and to the dining room time," Lumine answered with hints of triumph lacing her voice.

With that, Aether proceeded to abruptly sit up, nearly bumping his forehead into Lumine's nose.

"Ack!" Lumine frowned for a split second before grabbing one of Aether's very fluffy pillows and smacking it in his face. "And that's what you get for nearly breaking my nose."

"It wouldn't have broken your nose," Aether argued, jumping off his bed and wandering to his closet. "It just would have hurt." He tweaked her nose playfully. "Now scram out of here so I can change."

"Oh, and because you woke up late, mother made me pack your backpack," Lumine added as she departed from his room, her voice slowly getting quieter and more muffled. "So you owe me!"

"Sure," Aether whisper-shouted back, selecting a pair of light gray sweatpants and a light yellow hoodie from his closet and quickly put it on. He then took a few minutes to comb his overlong hair and braid it tightly.

"You done yet? Your toast is getting cold." Lumine peeked her head out of his bedroom door, her shoulder-length blonde hair messy as usual. "Or are you just primping now?"

"Not like you spend any time fixing yourself up," Aether grumbled with a smile, walking over and ruffling her hair.

"Hey! Today's just a bad hair day," she complained. "I spent three minutes trying to fix it. Not everyone has perfect hair all the time."

"My hair is immaculate every day," Aether said in a half-solemn half-teasing manner as he sat at the dining table and began to eat his room temperature toast.

"No it isn't!" Lumine protested while she spooned cereal into her mouth. "Don't you remember that time when we went to the water park? Or the beach. Or-"

"All of the places you're suggesting are water places. Of course my hair got drenched," Aether pointed out with a devious grin. "You're just too lazy to do your hair."

"No I'm not!" Lumine argued, her golden-amber eyes narrowing at him. "I try to fix it, but-"

"And I'm going to cut you off there or we're not going to make it to the bus on time," Aether interrupted, the grin on his face increasing every second, showcasing his dimples. "Did you pack your suitcase?"

"Of course I did!" Lumine retorted, her face getting slightly red. "Did you?"

"Do you or do you not see my suitcase right next to the door?" Aether said, pointing to the very obvious sunny-yellow suitcase that sat lonesome in the corner right beside the door.

"Oh," Lumine said. "I'll get mine!"

She rushed into her room like a cheetah and dragged her light blue suitcase out. To say that it looked overstuffed was an overstatement.

"Why does your suitcase look like it's about to explode?" Aether questioned, his eyes scanning the lumpy and bulgy suitcase.

Lumine gave him a nervous smile. "Well, it's a looooooooong story..."

"I'm guessing you just stuffed things in there and didn't neatly fold them?" Aether guessed with a knowing look.

"Let's just go," Lumine said, dismissing his question. "I wonder who our roommates are going to be."