Chapter Nineteen

{This song reminds me of this story and just running away with the person that you love. I absolutely adore Ingrid Michaelson. ♡}

Within an hour, we had caught a cab and arrived in Chicago. We found a large hotel near The Loop which was right downtown. It was nearly five in the morning by the time we got settled in so Dan and I decided that getting a decent amount of sleep was pretty much impossible by now. Instead of sleeping, Dan insisted on us going to Dunkin' Donuts to get donuts for breakfast.

There was a Dunkin' Donuts a couple blocks from where our hotel was so we obviously went to that one. Dan kept ahold of my hand the entire time as we walked there, looking around us at all of the skyscrapers. Once we arrived, I bought us a small box of donuts and we took a seat in a booth near a window to eat them. Even though it wasn't even five, the sidewalks were still busy with people walking to their morning shift at their jobs and the streets were busy with traffic. After sitting in silence for a couple minutes while we ate, Dan finally spoke up. His voice sounded sleepy but his eyes were full of excitement. "Did you want to go back to the hotel soon or should we go explore the city together?"

"Let's go explore the city together. We can go shopping at a couple record stores. I'll buy whatever record catches your eye for you then you can listen to them once we get home. Sound good?" I smiled and took a bite of a half eaten donut I was holding.

"You don't have to buy them for me, I have money and besides, you already paid for breakfast." Dan turned back towards the window to watch all the people passing. "Have you ever thought about moving to America?"

"I...Yeah. I have thought about moving to America but I don't think we can right now. We're sort of in a famous band." I glanced out the window then back to him. "I think it'd be quite hard having practices when everyone lives in a different country. Will really likes London and Woody and Chrissy just got married. I'm sure they're going to want to stay there together, maybe they'll start a family."

"If this ever stops.." He paused for a minute to clarify, "by this I mean our 'fame', would you move to America with me? Look at how beautiful this place is. Couldn't you imagine getting married and starting a family here?"

I smiled as I watched him keep his eyes on the people passing by. "You're always so spontaneous around me, I never know what's going to come out of your mouth next. That's one thing that I love about you but yes, I'd move here with you. I would move anywhere as long as it meant being with you."

He grinned and leaned across the table to plant a small kiss on my cheek. "You're so cheesy, I love you."

"I love you too, Danny." I reached a hand over to ruffle his hair lightly, grinning just as much as he was by this point. "Do you want to go walk around now? You can have the last donut if you'd like so we can throw the box away and go record shopping."

"Kyle, do I need to remind you that it's five in the morning? I highly doubt any of the places are open." Dan stood up and reached out his hand to take ahold of mine and pull me up. "Let's just walk around the city or we could just go back to the hotel and watch a movie. It's up to you."

"We can walk around the city if you'd like to, unless you want to go back to the hotel for a bit." I handed him the last donut and tossed the box in the trash can. "Maybe we should head back to the hotel to watch something so if you're tired, you can get some sleep. We'll walk around later on."

Dan nodded happily and took a bite of the donut while leading me out of the building to our hotel. I'll admit, it was nice being away from the whole Bastille image for a while. It was also nice being in a city other than London just for fun. Everytime we come to America, it seems like we're touring nonstop which can get really tiring.

"Do you think they're going to get mad that we left early?" Dan asked suddenly once he had finished eating the donut and the hotel was in view. "Probably, right? Because they wanted to have the one show tonight and because it wasn't just one of us running away, it was both of us. We both ran away at a time when everyone's suspecting that something's going on between us. They're going to be so-"

I cut him off before he continued over thinking started having regrets. There was way too much of that happening lately. "Dan, we're going to be okay." I looked around at the skyscrapers then looked back to him with a grin on my face. "We're in one of the greatest cities in the entire world together. We can't keep letting them get into our thoughts. What we have is perfectly fine and they should've expected that this was going to happen.What's the worst thing that's going to happen? You're the most talented person I know so if something happens and our record drops us or whatever, it's not like you wouldn't have somebody else wanting to sign you to their record within minutes."

"You're right," he responded. "We're going to be okay and we just need to keep them out of our minds during this break. I don't know about you, but I'm getting really tired of stressing out about what they're going to do next."

I laughed softly as I led him to our hotel room. "Trust me, I know exactly how you feel and I just can't wait until this tour's over."

"What do you think about possibly moving in together once we get back to London?" Dan asked as he unlocked the door to our room with the key. "I know we've only been together for like two months but it feels as if it's been years. I know that I wouldn't go through this much bullshit for anyone else."

"Aw, that's kind of romantic in a way." I grinned and walked into the room with him. I shut the door behind us and we both walked over to the bed to sit down. "I would love to move in with you. We still have a week or two until we can go back so that gives us plenty of time to figure out if we want to live in one of our current houses or just get a new one."

"You know, I've never been more sure of who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with." Dan sighed happily and laid his head on my shoulder. "I'd do anything for you."

"You'd do anything for me..?" I turned my body to look at him with a smirk forming on my lips then leaned forward to act as if I was going to whisper something sexual in his ear. "Like adopt a hundred kittens and call them our children?"

Dan rolled his eyes and playfully shoved me away although I could see that he was trying his best to hold back laughter. "I should've seen that coming. Thanks for ruining the moment."

"Anytime, love."