Chapter Fourteen

Kyle's POV

"I'm in love with you."

The words repeated over and over in my head and I couldn't seem to get enough of them. I knew I felt the same way but I couldn't bring myself to say it back, It was still somewhat shocking. Only a few months ago, we were just friends. A few months ago, I thought that this would just be some crush that I would get over with time but he proved me wrong on that one. Way wrong.

Dan bit down on his lip nervously and looked down at his Converse to avoid my stare. "Ky, if you don't feel the same way-"

"I'm in love with you too." I blurted out, completely cutting him off. "I am so fucking in love with you, Daniel." I took a shaky breath before placing a hand on each of his shoulders. "You have no idea how much you mean to me. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

"I think I know how much I mean to you because I happen to care about you just as much.. maybe even more," Dan teased, smirking slightly but he then glanced through the restaurant window. "But hey, as much as I'd love staying out here all night talking to you, we should probably go join our friends. I think they're waiting on us."

I nodded understandingly. "Yeah, let's go join them. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already ate all the pizza though." I opened the door up to hold it open for Dan and he walked in, mumbling a thank you before he hurried to the booth our friends were seated at.

"About time you two came in. I felt like I was watching a chick flick everytime I looked out the window." Will teased and placed his hand on Dan's shoulder once we had both sat down. Will was sitting next to Dan with Sebastian and Frederik on his other side and I had sat next to Dan. "I'm joking. I'm really, really happy for the two of you. We've all seen the way you both look at each other and that look hasn't changed since the moment you met. You've got something special."

"Yeah," Sebastian chipped in. "I'm pretty sure everyone at least suspected something was going on between the two of you at one point or another. We just figured that it was your business though, not ours so we never asked about it. I'm glad you've both found happiness in each other though."

"Yeah," Dan mumbled as a slight blush crept onto his cheeks. He reached his hand over to place it on top of mine before continuing on with a smile. "I'm glad we found happiness too."

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it as soon as a tall, skinny figure came over to our table. She didn't look anything like she had before when I took her out on a "date". Her eyes had dark rings around them and she looked as if she'd lost a lot of weight also. Honestly, she looked terrible. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Kyle, I know you don't like me and you have every right to but I just need.. I need to tell you something." She glanced around the room cautiously and took a deep breath. "I didn't mean to hurt you. That wasn't my plan, it was theirs and I thought that maybe if I cooperated, things would get easier for you two.

"This is bigger than you both think. I've been fighting against them as much as I can and I've been trying to take them down from the inside but it's not working. I know you guys enjoy sneaking out on dates like this but it's not helping your case at all. I just want you guys to be okay but you have to trust me and cooperate with them."

"How the hell do you think that we'll ever trust you again?" I snapped. "What you did was completely uncalled for. You could've just fucking told us what was going on and we would've put on a little act to make them think you did your job. I actually trusted you, Janna."

"They know about Dan. They know about how he finally told you but then told you they made him say it," she started. "It's like they have eyes and ears everywhere and if we don't join together, you're not going to win this. It doesn't matter how hard you fight, they're going to destroy you. I'm sure you've heard that saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

Once she finished talking, nobody seemed to have to say anything which caused what felt like an hour of awkward silence. After a couple of moments, Dan spoke up, his voice cracking slightly as he talked. "I believe her." Everyone at the table looked at him so he rushed on to explain his reasoning. "When they call you to tell you orders or even say them to your face, it's terrifying. You're alone and you have no choice but to agree because if you don't, you don't know what they're going to do to you. You don't know what they're going to do to your character in this giant act that they're putting on. She's telling the truth, they made her do it and she told me that when she talked to me. I promised her I wouldn't say anything about it to anyone."

"They were planning on getting you a girlfriend too, Dan. I overheard them talking about it so I walked in on the conversation. I convinced them that it would look to suspicious right now and told them that I would try harder to get Kyle to play along." She turned her eyes from Dan to look at me. "I'm so sorry, Kyle. You have to believe me."

"You knew about this the entire time, Dan?" I responded quietly, ignoring what Janna had just said for a moment. "You knew that they made her say that to you and you kept it from me? You let me blow up on somebody that was on our side? How could you do that?"

"Please don't blame him," Janna responded quickly, hardly giving me enough time to finish. "I told him to keep it a secret. Your hatred at that moment was real and it put on a good show. If you would've known I was set up to do that, it would've been a huge risk. If you didn't play that hatred emotion perfectly, we all would've been in trouble."

"I.." I shook my head, still trying to process everything. "I don't see why you couldn't have told me earlier. You've both had plenty of chances, especially you, Dan. But I...I guess I trust you if Dan trusts you."

"I couldn't tell you earlier because like I said, it was a risk. Plus I needed that 'hatred' to get management to trust me. They're going to start running plans through me before they go through with them." Janna smiled proudly. "That means, you're always going to be one step ahead of them."

"But aren't they going to find out?" Dan said, keeping his eyes locked on Janna with a worried stare. "I appreciate you doing this for us but I don't want you to get into loads of trouble when they find out you've been helping us."

"We won't get caught, you guys just have to pretend that this conversation never happened. You have to hate me as much as before and I'll find ways to get in contact with you." She looked down for a moment then back up. "And if we get caught, at least we got caught fighting for something worth fighting for."

"Thank you, Janna."
-------------------
I'm probably going to start writing another update right now because I feel bad for hardly being on lately. I'll try to post it today but it might have to wait until tomorrow since prom's tonight. :)