Chapter Twelve

Dan's POV

"If you want to keep your job and don't want to go to court for going against your contract, I suggest you do what we tell you to do, Daniel."

"I can't just all of a sudden tell him that I think our relationship's wrong. I told him that nothing was going to get in the way of us." I sighed. "He's going to know something is up if I just tell him that randomly. He'll know you guys are telling me to say this stuff."

"You better put on a damn good act then."

The words from weeks ago repeated in my head over and over again once I had left the tour bus. They were the words that came out as soon as Kyle was out of the building and couldn't hear us. The words that Kyle may not ever get to know about, the ones that might've just caused us to break up and it was killing me. I knew management was upset that I  put it off for so long,  if I didn't tell him now, I'd be losing a lot more than a relationship.

I stopped walking for a moment once I heard my phone vibrate. I felt my heart skip a beat once I thought for a short moment it could be a text from Kyle but my face fell once I saw who it actually was. "You're a better actor than you lead on. I'm glad you finally realized how wrong all of this was."

"Damn it! I'm such a fucking idiot." I yelled, not caring who heard me. The sidewalks were kind of busy but the people giving me strange looks were the least of my worries right now. "You've got to think, Dan. You're going to find a way around all of this. You can be with him."

Maybe if I kept telling myself that, I would actually start to believe it. Right now, everything just seemed hopeless. I exited out of the text and pressed the app to make a call. My hands were shaking badly but I eventually typed in the right number and pressed the phone up against my ear. "Please answer.. Please, please, please."

"Dan?" I heard a sleepy voice mumble. Fuck. I forgot it was pretty late in the day back in London but he told me he would always be there for me, no matter what time of day. I opened my mouth to speak but all that came out was a small sob. "Dan... Is everything alright? What's wrong? Who's ass do I need to kick?"

"Ralph," I whispered to myself and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down so I could speak clearly. I hadn't exactly told him how I felt about.. guys yet and I couldn't help but think of the bad things that could happen. He could hang up and never talk to me again but I guess that was highly unlikely. We'd been friends for what felt like forever and I don't think he would throw it away over something like that. I had to tell him, I needed somebody to talk to. "I need to tell you something and I really, really do not want to lose you over this. This tour has been hell for me and I.. I need to tell you something. Please don't hate me though."