Chapter Ten

Morning seemed to come quicker than it usually did, unfortunately. The four of us were practically dragged out of bed and shoved into a room before we had the chance to fully wake up. The interviewer seemed like a nice guy but I knew that I couldn't do this. It was going to hurt Dan and just the thought of him being as hurt as he was before made me sick.

I took a seat next to him, hoping that sometime during the interview I could do something that might catch the fans eyes. Maybe resting my hand on his knee or putting my arm around him but one of the members of management wanted nothing to do with that. "Will, trade seats with Kyle. We don't need the two," he paused for a split second, wrinkling his nose up as he spit out the next word in disgust, "gays sitting next to each other."

Instead of yelling which seemed to be the only way I handled situations anymore, I decided to just go ahead and switch spots with him. Maybe if I behaved now, they wouldn't make me talk about... her. Dan glanced over at me, frowning slightly so I mouthed the word sorry to him.

"Well.. let's just.. um.. get started," the interviewer suggested awkwardly. He took a seat on the end of the couch in the empty seat next to Dan and the camera man gave us the thumbs up to go. "Hello, everyone. I'm here with the members of Bastille right before they hit the road to go to their next show. How are you all enjoying the tour so far?"

"It's been absolutely wicked, it's always loads of fun coming back to America," Dan started, smiling at the interviewer, "having Grizfolk as our opening act has been making the tour hilarious also since they're always finding humor in things so yeah, this tour's going to be great. We can't wait to go back to some of the places we've already been to and to also visit some new cities this time around."

"And it looks like this tour hasn't all just been about jokes either. There also seems to be some romance going on." I froze in my seat and looked over at Dan. He seemed to have had the same reaction because he was staring at me also. "Kyle, there's been pictures of you kissing some girl all over twitter. Care to spill the details?"

Somehow, I found myself grinning and trying to hold back laughter. "Sure, I would absolutely love to tell you about Janna. She's not at all who you think she'd be, she has sort of a.. second life but don't we all? I know Dan and I do." Woody looked over at me with wide eyes, but I continued on anyway, "ohh, and I'm sure you want details about the kiss, right? She's a terrible kisser. You would think that she would have experience since her job's waiting on the corner until some guy makes her a good offer for the-"

"CUT," the manager yelled and walked out from the dark behind the camera man into the light. "Kyle, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

That's when I knew I could no longer hold the laughter back, I began to laugh hysterically and the other boys, except Dan, gave me questioning looks. "What the hell am I doing? I'm just stating the truth because I'm sure that's what the interviewer wants, right? Nobody likes a liar."

"Well this isn't a situation where you can tell the truth," he snapped, "just nod and say that she's your girlfriend. That's seriously all you have to do."

"I'm not the type of person that lies," I smiled innocently then stood up. "You can have your stupid ass interview, but I'm not going to be a part of it. Just say I'm on the tour bus and I'm sick or something."

I started to walk off but I could hear the manager talking to the interviewer about wanting to reschedule the interview. That was all I could hear before I walked out of the building, slamming the door behind me. It wasn't long before I heard the door open back up and Woody stepped outside, slowly walking over to me. "You alright?"

I laughed at the question, shaking my head. "Did you seriously just ask that? No, I'm not alright."

Woody hesitated before speaking again, choosing his words carefully. "Listen... Kyle, you and Dan are meant to be. I know that, Dan knows that, everybody knows that but maybe you shouldn't keep starting fights where there's just a simple solution to the problem. I'm not saying that what they're doing to your relationship is right, I just think that you should play along and maybe one day, they'll let you come-"

"Woody, you don't fucking understand, alright? Your relationship is easy. You got to marry the love of your life and until you're forced to kiss somebody else just because a couple people think that your relationship is wrong, you have no room to talk." I glanced over to the building and saw that Will and Dan were standing in the doorway, listening to everything.

"Woody, you shouldn't be trying to tell him that. It's not just affecting him, it's affecting all of us," Will stated and Dan looked down at the ground. "I thought we made a promise when we all joined together as a band that we would all be for each other no matter what. I didn't think that you would take those assholes side."

"I'm not taking their side! You don't get what I'm saying," Woody sighed. "I'm trying to say that maybe if we play nice, things will change around here for the better. Maybe they'll let Dan and Kyle come out as a couple and let them finally be happy."

"Do you seriously think they'll let them come out anytime soon? I'm sorry that I have to be the one who has to state the truth outloud, but they won't. Not unless they fight and I think they're doing a perfectly fine job of that so far." Will placed his hand on Dan's shoulder and smiled slightly. "But we have to help them too, they can't fight this on their own and we sure as hell are going to win this fight."

"You're right," Woody agreed, quietly. "I guess I just thought that things would be... nevermind. I'm sorry guys and just know that I'm completely on your side, no matter what. I had no right to say any of that and I feel terrible about it all now."

"Don't feel terrible about it, it's fine. I shouldn't have flipped out on you either. You and Chrissy are perfect together and I'm incredibly happy for you." I looked back over at Dan who was now looking up again. "I think we're all just trying to find a way to make all of this easier but I don't think there is an easier solution. We just have to fight, like Will said."

Dan walked over to me and suddenly wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back and he turned back around to look at the other two. "Thank you guys for being supportive. I couldn't have chose better people to be a part of this band."