Untitled Part 2[8

staring up at the ceiling, changbin sighed.

another tedious day separated from happiness.

strangely, he has been learning to cope without seungmin; in contrast to the first couple of days back with jisung his heart didn't ache as much knowing that he and seungmin were divided, and changbin didn't know why. he is in love with seungmin- shouldn't he be in despair over the fact he cannot see him?

jisung then walked in.

''changbin,'' he smiled, sparkles in his eyes.

''where- where were you?..'' changbin asked reluctantly, awkwardly fiddling with his fingers.

making his way over to changbin, jisung replied, ''i left to go a walk before you awoke..''

jisung was now much closer to changbin, towering down over the latter who still lay on the bed. he had his hands behind his back, but changbin didn't think too much of it.

then, jisung lowered himself so he and changbin could be face to face. his pupils were enhanced in size and a blush, so soft that you could only make it out if you were close, dusted his cheeks.

''i saw some flowers.. i found them beautiful- like you,'' jisung spoke quietly, clearly shy. he then let his hands come away from behind his back, revealing maybe a dozen of flowers, half of them consisting of magnificent pale roses and the rest being some type of flower changbin couldn't recognize. his eyes slightly widened, heart race picking up at the unexpected gift he clutched into his hand. the sweet scent from the flowers relaxed changbins tense body, and he closed his eyes as he took in as much of it as possible.

''do you like it?'' jisung questioned, his cheeks flushing more.

''i-i...'' changbin hesitated, his grip on the large quantity of stems strengthening, ''i do.''

jisungs face brightened up even more, showing off his charming gummy smile.

''i also made you a butterfly out of some card,'' jisung reached into his pocket, then pulled out a rather small in size yet very detailed paper butterfly.

gingerly, changbin took it in his palm, quietly admiring it before enclosing it in his hand.

''thanks.''

''i saw plenty today and i thought that you remind me of a butterfly; you're so pretty and nice to look at yet so small and fragile.''

changbin listened in, staring at jisung. inside, he felt baffled at the strange comment; small and fragile? did jisung believe that would compliment him, or something? pfft. nevertheless changbin took it as a praise.

''i just want to protect you..'' jisung went on, suddenly conjoining one of his and changbin's hands together. ''..and that means i'll kill anything that could be a hazard to you.'' jisung then lifted up changbins hand to his mouth, kissing the top of it.

changbin shuddered.

''i love you, changbin.''

...

''i could never love you,'' changbin said coldly.

jisungs happy and calm expression contorted into one of shock, then anger.

''what?''

changbin didn't reply, blankly staring at jisung.

the latter repeated himself, ''changbin, what?''

''no one would ever fucking love you, es--especially not me,'' changbin gulped, clutching his fists together in an attempt to keep his composure, ''i-- i h-hope you die.''