01- I'll be number one

Start from the beginning

He looked forward and saw what tripped him. 

It was a students foot that was stretched out ever so slightly.

Snickers could be heard in the background.

Shin looked around at the students.

Some trying to hold in their laughter, some looking irritated at the blondes attitude and some just looked indifferent.

They all had different reactions but shared one common thing.

Cowardice.

They were all cowards.

No matter what reasons they try to give for not stepping in, nothing would change that.

Bakugo raised his palm. Loud sparks could by heard and seen.

Midoriya cowered in fear, preparing himself for the impact but was left confused when the painful sensation never came.

"Haven't you barked enough for one day Bakugo?"

Midoriya looked up and saw a familiar figure standing in front of him.

It was shin!

The fifteen year old had long and straight purple hair which was quite rare for a kids nowadays.

Midoriya sometimes wondered why the school never called him out on it.

He stood at a height of 5'10 and easily towered over his current peers. 

Handsome facial features and a chiseled body made eyes wander unconsciously.

He was almost perfect.

His only flaw being the biggest one.

He was quirkless!

Just that was enough to overwrite any of the other outstanding traits.

Midoriya felt very guilty whenever he met gazes with him.

Because secretly in his heart he was glad. 

He was glad someone was suffering just like him. 

That there was someone like him out here too.

But after observing the purple haired boy since the school year began, Midoriya knew his first assumption was wrong.

Shin was nothing like him.

Even though he was quirkless, he never bowed his head obediently.

If someone mocked him, his response would be ten times worse.

He had a confident air around him that unconsciously made people forget that he was quirkless in the first place.

But the most daunting thing was that even without having a quirk he could still draw with Bakugo in a fight.

All this was what led to Midoriya having a subconscious dislike for Shin.

They both had the same starting point, so why were they so different?

Bakugo snatched his hand away from Shin's grip, "Tch just a bunch of quirkless wastes anyway" he said before leaving the class with his lackeys in tow.

Shin paid no mind to the dogs temper and offered Midoriya a hand, "get up"

"Thank you Shin" Midoriya gave a small smile which Shin noticed was very much forced but did not point it out.

He simply nodded at the greenette before grabbing his bag and leaving the class.

Since he did not want his help, Shin wouldn't be meddling again.

...

He got down from the bus and made his way into small apartment building.