Chapter Six - Cafe

I woke up the next morning still thinking about last night.

Did I like Noah?

No.

Yes?

I don't know.

I decided to text the girls group chat and ask for their opinions.

"girls." I texted.

"yeaa?" Mal responded.

"what's up??" Olive replied.

"noah kissed me last night" I texted back.

"OMG SHUT UP" Mal typed.

"NO FRICKIN WAY" Olive texted.

"I KNOW I KNOW BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! LIKE IS IT AWKWARD NOW? DO WE TALK ABT IT??" I asked.

"ummm i mean you guys are just friends right? like how do you feel??" Mal answered.

Olive emphasized "mal's" message

"idkkk i thought that's what we were but ig not." I sent.

"omg we have to talk more abt this today." Olive texted.

"wanna hang out?" Mal asked.

"when and where??" Olive sent and I hearted it.

"there's this cute coffee shop i've been wanting to go to, and around 12:30" Mal replied.

"my dad can pick you guys up btw." She added.

Olive and I both hearted her message and I set my phone down to get ready.

It was 10:00am but I wanted to get ready now so I didn't have to rush.

I left my hair down and put on a black tank top with denim shorts.

After putting on my outfit and fixing my hair I started on my makeup and by the time I was finished it was already 12:15

I decided not to have a big breakfast because we were going to the cafe but I still ate a small bowl of cereal.

Noah hasn't come out of his room and his parents are out right now.

Maybe he feels awkward about the kiss? Does he regret it?

After I finished my bowl of cereal it was about time to leave and Mal texted the group chat letting us know she was on the way to my house with Olive.
_________________________________

"heree!" Mal texted and I put on my shoes and left.

"Hi!" I smiled. "Hey." They smiled back. "What's up Isadora." Mal's dad John greeted me.

I smiled again and we started driving.

We finally got to the cafe and it was really cute and simple.

"Bye dad." Mal said as she hugged him awkwardly through the car.

"Bye John!" Olive and I both spoke.

When we got inside there was not too many people so that was good.

When we got in line to order I was looking at the menu and decided to go with an iced caramel latte.

After we ordered we went to sit down and wait for our drinks.

"So tell me all about it." Mal smiled. "Tell you about what?" I asked.

"Oh come on tell us!" Olive pushed. I smiled and gave in. "Okay Okay."

As I told them about the kiss I noticed how I got butterflies and how hot my cheeks began to feel.

I didn't know if I liked him but I knew there were feelings. I just didn't want to admit to having those feelings because I don't know if he feels the same way.

While we were talking our drinks were ready so we got up to grab them.

"Thank you." We all smiled at the barista.

We sat back down and I told them the rest of the story. "Oh honey you definitely like him." Mal said to me.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked taking a sip of my drink.

"Yes." Both Olive and Mal agreed.

"Yeah well who knows if he feels the same." I spoke. "I think he might I don't know." Olive replied.

"How?" I asked. "We'll just by the way he looks at you when you aren't aware and the fact that he kissed you last night." Olive laughed.

"Yeah but what if he regrets it or something?" I spoke. "Or maybe he feels the way you do." Mal chimes in.

"Exactly. Maybe he feels like you don't like him and you regret the kiss." Olive agreed.

Maybe we are just in our own heads?

"Maybe." I spoke feeling better about the situation.