Chapter Five - Goodnight

We came back to the party and everyone was still having a good time.

Olive and Mal of course asked me what happened and so I filled them in.

"Holy shit." Olive spoke.

"I know." I replied.

"Wait so do you like Noah?" Mal asked with a sly smirk. "No. I don't know, it's confusing." I replied honestly.

I didn't know how I felt about him or if he felt a way about me but all I know is that I am really confused.

"Well you two would be the cutest together." Olive smiled. "Seriously." Mal agreed.

I looked over at Noah and he was staring at me while sipping his drink.

I immediately turned back to the girls with slightly red cheeks and continued our conversation.

"Well what about you and Arlo?" I asked with a smile.

Mal smiled hard while looking down.

"I don't know. I like him so much but he confuses me a lot. Some days he wants to be with me forever and others he only wants to be friends. I don't get it." She said honestly.

"If you ask me I think he likes you, really I do. But I also think that he's scared to go further because it might mess the group up." I replied softly.

"Maybe you're right." Mal spoke.

I smiled at her and the boys came up to us.

"You guys ready to leave?" Luka asked. "Yeah." We all replied.

I was tired and confused and all I wanted was to sleep.

Mal called her dad and Luka called his mom. "My dad is on his way." Mal smiled. "My mom too." Luka added.

We all waited and Noah was looking at me again. I pretended not to notice and continued to talk to the girls.

Mal's dad was here along with Lukas mom and we all said goodbye and got in.

He dropped Olive off first then me. I said goodbye and thanked her dad before I left.

I made it home before Noah.

His parents were sleeping so I walked in as quiet as I could. I started to get ready for bed and once I was done I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

I opened it and Noah was standing there shirtless.

"Hey." I spoke. "Hi." He replied. "I wanted to come in here to ask if you were okay." He looked at me.

"Yeah i'm okay. Are you?" I asked him looking down at his bruised knuckles. "Why wouldn't I be?" He replied.

"Noah, your knuckles." I spoke grabbing his hand. "I'm fine." He said smiling. "It's not a big deal." He added.

"Look I just wanted to say goodnight and make sure you were okay." He spoke. "Well i'm fine. Goodnight Noah." I replied softly.

"Goodnight Isadora." He said back.

But he didn't leave.

"Noah-"  I began to speak but he grabbed my waist and kissed me.

I was stunned but I kissed him back grabbing his face bringing him impossibly closer. We finally let go catching our breaths.

"Goodnight Isadora." Was all he said before leaving my room smiling.

Wow.