Chapter 1 (7 years)

Start from the beginning

I put my foot out the door first. I took a deep breath to get the power to face for all that waiting outside for me. I came out the door and saw how much the outside world had changed in these seven years. I looked around but nothing changed. Everything was the same but I had changed completely, north to south.

I still had hope in my heart that maybe someone would come to meet me but who was I kidding. In the last seven years no one came to meet me, so who will come now?

"Be strong girl and focus on your new life" I said to myself.

I knew where to start my new life. Away from this city where I might find peace.

When I was lost in my thoughts, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I jerked away from that touch out of reflex.

"Sorry for touching you. I've been calling you for a while but you weren't responding so I had to touch you" A strong manly voice said to me. When I looked up to see the owner of manly voice, a man was standing in front of me. I thought this guy was in his early 30's. He was handsome man with fair complexion and muscular body but I didn't know him.

"Are you Miss Khanak???" He asked me offering me his genuine not like me fake one.

Sorry....... I did not introduce me to all of you. My name was Khanak only Khanak my name had no last name. I did not have a last name, neither the last name that was with me since birth nor the last name that someone gave me.

His last name

"Are you listening???" his voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, I am Khanak but who are you?" I asked him confusedly because I didn't know this man, I had never met him before today.

"I am Anita Aunty's nephew. She has asked me to bring you with me" he said tome casually.

Anita aunty

Sweet lady with kind heart

My only support system in 7 years

Anita Aunt had spent 5 years in this prison with me. Two years ago, she left after completing her sentence but she promised me that when I came out after completing my sentence, she will come to take me with her. She took care of me like her own daughter in jail. She loved me like her own daughter. She was the only one to whom I told everything about me even when I didn't utter a single word to anyone else.

Anita Aunty was a kind and pure hearted lady. She spent 18 years of her life in this jail. She had killed her husband because he was an animal under human skin. He used to beat Aunty and her son like animals. She had killed her husband to save her son because her husband was a Monster.

She told me that one day when her husband tried to kill her son, she killed her husband in self-defence.

She was the daughter of a rich family but she fell in love with her husband and went against her family and got married to him but her husband was not what she had assumed for him, he was a greedy and vicious man. He did not love her. He only loved her money. When her father ousted her from his property, His plan to get rich failed miserably, he got super angry.

He started taking his anger out on Anita Aunty. She never told her family about her husband and his abuse because of her embarrassment. She was deeply ashamed of the person for whom she left her family who loved her beyond limits. She used to feel guilty for hurting her family, so she never told them about this, nor did she try to take their help but when his father got to know that she killed her husband and was jailed for the crime, he came to meet her and took her son with him, promising to take good care of him.