Chapter 25: Bittersweet Moments: Part2

Start from the beginning

.

"Eomma!" I cried and ran into her arms. As big as I was, I was a baby when it came to my parents and my Jiminshi.

.

"My son, you came," she said sounding as though nothing was wrong with her. Typical mom!

.

"Of course I would come. What happened?" I asked her but one of the young females answered.

.

"We were having lunch when she began to have chest pains. She had complaint about pains in her left arm earlier." The girl paused as I looked at her and she bent her head and blushed. Then she continued, "My dad suffers with his heart so I knew the signs. When she started vomiting, we helped cleaned her up and I gave her one of my dad's pills to put under her tongue."

.

"It saved my life. Mei saved me," my mother added.

.

"Mei?" I asked and the girl bowed at me.

.

"Jungkook, this is Mei. She and these other beautiful ladies here are teachers at my new school. Mei saved me today by giving me that pill."

.

I bowed at her, "Thank you for being there for my mother and helping her," and I took a shocked Mei into my arms and held her.

.

"You're most welcome. Anything I can do to help," Mei whispered after I let her go. I looked up as the other young ladies started to giggle. I looked at them and bowed and turned back my attention to my mother who was going on about what happened after.

.

"Ma. You need to rest. Yes you were fortunate to have help this time but what if you have another heart attack and no one is there to help you. You will need to see about this and don't take it lightly at all."

.

"Yes-yes... I heard it all already from Suki," she sighed and then I realised as I looked around that Dad and Suki weren't there and I didn't see them outside either.

.

"Mom, where's dad and Suki?"

.

She replied, "They went to the cafeteria so the ladies could come in and see me," and I heard the giggles again.

.

As I looked at the group of young women in the room. Some were batting their eyelashes, some were waving but they were all giggling except one: Mei. She was looking directly at me with a smirk on her face. I felt her eyes on me even when I turned away. They all gave me the chills for a bit especially the 'leader' of the group as I still felt her eyes on me. It was only when it was time for them to leave, then I felt her gaze was averted as she now focused on my mother. The group made their way out of the room as Mei stayed back to hug and talk with mom.

.

"Please listen to your doctor. They will let you know how serious your condition is. Okay? And don't worry about your classes. The principal is making arrangements for a substitute to take them," and my mother nodded at her. They spoke for a bit and then Mei said her goodbye and looked at me and asked, "Can I speak with you, outside?" I looked at her and saw the seriousness in her face so I nodded. I excused myself from the room and stood outside in the empty corridor with Mei.

.

Mei looked at me and began to speak, "I don't want to alarm you but this is how it starts. My dad had the same symptoms but chose to ignore all the doctor's advice. I think she's still in the early stages but your mom would've been feeling unwell for a while. Did you notice anything different with her?"