Chapter 11

Before I realized it I had lips locked on my lips. The room was dark, but I had a pretty good idea who it was.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I needed to see," Louisiana said, "to see if I felt anything." I couldn't  see her face, but I could see a smile. I was pretty sure she could see my smile too.

"Did you feel anything?" I asked.

She leaned in and placed my hands on her waist and placed her hands on my shoulders and kissed me.

"Oh, I felt something." She said. She kissed me in a way I hadn't been kissed before. It was a good feeling.

I heard footsteps walking away quickly. I pulled back from our kiss and gently placed my finger on Louisiana's lips and said "I'll be back."

I walked out into the living room where the fire escape was, and also where Maya was.

Maya was sitting out on the fire escape, looking towards the city. She noticed I had come onto the fire escape.

"Now I know how it feels." She said.

"Hurts doesn't it?" I asked.

She smiled and said "Yeah, a little bit."

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, especially since I did the same thing to you," She paused before saying "I didn't know you two were a thing."

"I thought the same thing when Lucas kissed you." I regretted it as soon as I said it "Sorry, I didn't mean it, I wasn't thinking."

"I forgive you," She took a breath "So have long have you two been an item?" Maya asked.

"Uh, well, since today, I guess." I told her.

"Oh." She said

"I better go to sleep, goodnight Maya."

"Goodnight Josh." I walked away and back to my room where Louisiana was.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"It's alright." She said.

Louisiana and I snuggled in my bed until about 2am and then she went back to her apartment.

It seemed I had everything I wanted, (a girlfriend, a rising career in violin, and people to support me) except really I didn't.

I didn't have Maya Hart.