Chapter 6

I meet Will at the park. I can see him holding the violin case and he also has a violin for himself.

"Thanks so much, you have no idea how much this means!" I said to him.

"Anytime, what happened?" He asked. So, I told him about going to New York and how my parents took my violin away as punishment

"Was Maya there?' He asked in a jokey innocent voice. He was the only one that I'd told my feelings for Maya to. A lot of people would say it's wrong to feel such emotions towards someone of that age, which was true, but he didn't seem to care. He told me to go for it when the time was right, and that made me glad that he was one of my bestfriends. He understood me, and never expected me to be anyone, or anything that I wasn't.

"Shall we play?" He asked

"Sure." I said.

    We couldn't decide whether to pick a classical piece or just freestyle. After what felt like hours of arguing, we ended taking whole different aproach. It was something that was kind of new to me, but I still knew the basics. It's where you take any song and replace the artist's voice with your instrument. We had alreading been learning Taylor Swift's song Blank Space so we decided to continue practicing that song.

    The beginning of the song started out like everyother, but by the end of the song my body was on fire. I always seem to feel this way whenever I take a short break from my violin. It gives me a thrill, a kind of rush that nothing else gives me. I feel alive when I play violin, I feel alone when I'm not playing.

    Will says he doesn't get that kind of feeling. He says he just plays the violin and the music moves him. This may sound cheesy, but I think the violin plays me.

    It was almost 9:30 and I  needed to head home before my parents came to check one me. Will and I made plans to meet here again after school tomorrow.

    When I got home I immediately fell asleep.  Having my violin taken away really took a toll on me. I'm just really looking forward to my birthday dinner with Topanga in 2 weeks. That's really all I'm doing to get through these nexts few weeks.

    The next few days go the same. I go to school learn, go to the park for the afternoon, and then come home. My parents don't question where I am since they aren't ever home either. I've tried to search their rooms for my violin but I can't seem to find it. I'm just glad I'll get it back on Sunday.

    It's now Friday and it's time for the band's daily video. Every Friday we all put together a video of us performing any piece and then we post it on YouTube. We don't get very many views, but I don't really care. I just like to play violin, that's all I really know.

    Today we decided to make an instrument cover. It was going to be to the song Evergreen by Ed Sheeran. I suggested this song because not only is it a wondeful song, it's also Maya's favorite song. Tomorrow was also Maya's birthday. I consider this my gift to her, even though she's never going to see it because I won't ever show it to her.

For this song we all decided to use all strings and a piano.

I would play the violin.

Even though Will could play violin, he decided for this piticular song he would play the cello.

Joy would play the piano.

Bates would play violin, like me.

And Grace would play the cello.

Faight was normally here to play any instrument we needed but she was out of town looking at Juilliard. She was offered an chance to go there early during her senior year and now she was checking it out.

I was happy for her and she deserved to go.

I wanted her to go.

   After we finished filming the video and it was uploaded to YouTube we all went our separate ways. I went home and did nothing except think about the violin and Maya and what was going to happen to me and what my future was going to be like.