Acceptance

Max's POV

We pulled into the mall, and got out of the car. It was very quiet, well where we were parked at least. As we walked into the mall, someone grabbed Scarlett and my hand, and it was Steve. "Steve, what the hell are you doing outside of school!?" Scar asked. I giggled knowing he'd make some stupid excuse.

"I should ask you to ladies the same question. I'm here for bloodwork." He says, pulling out a piece of paper. Scarlett looks into his eyes, i bet she's thinking 'damn they are so pretty'. He glances back at her after opening up the folded paper, sending a small smile while staring her my eyes. "Sorry lovebirds, but we gotta get going." I say.

They break eye contact and look at me. "Hey Scar, why is your eye a little bruised? What happened?" Steve says, look back at me. She looks at him, looking at me not knowing what to do. "Oh i fell walking up to my car earlier, i wasn't paying attention and stepped in a hole." She says. Good excuse, but no way in hell does he buy it.

"Well, i gotta get going, but ill see you guys later!" He says walking away. She sighs in relief and i just giggle. "You know, you got lucky with that excuse. But he doesnt buy it at all." I said looking at her. She nods in agreement, and we walk away into a clothing store.

Scarlett's POV

We walk into J.C Penny and go shopping for some new clothes. I walk over to the bra and underwear section, while Max is right across the isle in the juniors clothing. I see her eyeing a shirt and shorts, and they are pretty cool, especially with all the abstract art designs.

While i was minding my own business, i found a cute matching bralette set, it was purple on the display, with a nice lace design and push up. I found it in black and it was the last one in my size.

I grabbed it and told max i was heading to the fitting rooms, which she followed me into. She went into room 2 while i went to room 5. She tried on her clothes, and gave me a runway walk, while i tried on the set afterwards. It, looked, amazing!

It was comfortable and breathable, and looked sexy as hell. I put on my bra and underwear i came here in, and put my clothes back on. I grabbed the matching set, and walked out to find Max waiting for me.

"So? What did you find?" Max asked me. I looked at her before walking towards the register. "I found a bralette set that is super comfy." I said, keeping it short and sweet, hoping she won't question me about it. "Who's it for?" Damn it, i was hoping she would ask that.

I couldn't think of an excuse, and i also didn't want to say who it was for. "Nobody? I only own sport bras so i'm spoiling myself?" I said, which i have to admit, was a great reason. She nods her head as we finish paying at the register, but i know she has a person in mind. We walk around and shop a little more before we decide to go get ice cream.

"Hi welcome to Scoops Ahoy, what can i get for ya?" A woman said, her name tag said Robin and she seemed very tired. She clearly didn't want to be there. "Uh hi, can i get a small vanilla soft serve?" I said, my voice sounded high pitched. "Max, what do you want?" I asked. I made sure she was aware that she could get whatever she wanted, because today was my treat. "Uhm, could u have a vanilla and chocolate soft serve with rainbow sprinkles?" She asked.

Robin shook her head in agreement and started to make it. I checked the register to see how much it would be, and it was cheaper than expected. We payed and walked back out of the mall, allowing me to look at the big clock above the exit doors. I noticed it was already 1:27, meaning last period was almost over. I know Steve and Billy had study hall last period, so they were both already gone. Everyone left school early if they had study hall, because the school aloud us too.

"So this is where you've been all day huh? Said something happened with dad?" Billy said walking up to us while i unlocked the car. "What's in the bag Scarlett?" He said, ripping it out of my hand and pulling the set out and laying it on the hood of my car. Max knew already but Billy's eyes went wide, and he look furious.

"Who the hell is this for? Tell me your giving this to one of your friends Scarlett because i swear-." Max cut him off, allowing me to grab the set and putting it in the back seat, before anyone else's could see. "Billy! It's none of your concern what she wears?!" Max said. She started to get fired up, and began to play 'defensive little sister'.

"You know what, i think we should all go for a little ride? Don't you agree Scarlett? I mean, you wouldn't mind if we visited one of your boyfriends do you?" Billy said, pushing me over towards Max.

We both got into the car, not wanting to make a big scene, Max in the back and me in the front. I'm already knowing where Billy is making us go. First home, but then Wheelers.

A/N!
I'm so sorry this chapter is short, the next chapter will be much better, as i had writers block for this cuz of how boring it is. Tysm for the love and support and hope your enjoying the story!!