So once everything was ready for homecoming tomorrow night she left the school and headed to Robins new work, Family Video. As she entered the bell on the door rang and both Robin and Steve's heads shot up and turned around. "Do you guys have Love Story?" she asked walking up the counter resting her arms on it.

"Let me check," Steve replied walking over to their computer.

"Is everything ok?" Robin asked the girl concerned. Robin could tell there was something on her mind that was bugging her.

"I don't know. Serena just doesn't seem like herself? She says everything's fine, but I know she lying," Dani told her resting her head on her hand.

"Hey I'm sure everything's ok. Maybe she's stressed about homecoming?" Robin suggested trying to make her feel better.

"She never gets stressed about those sort of things though? I don't know. She's just acting off. I mean she hasn't been herself for a while, which I know partly why, but I feel like she's pulling away from me," Dani explains to the girl.

"We have it," Steve chimes in before getting up and getting the movie for Dani.

"So I'm guessing a rain check on that date, huh?" Robin asked interlacing her fingers with Dani's.

"Yeah," she replied dropping her head a little bit, "I'm sorry. I'm just worried you know?" Dani told her, hoping Robin wouldn't be upset about having to push back their plans.

"Hey, you don't need to apologize. I completely understand! I mean if I assumed one of my friends weren't doing well, I'd probably be doing the same thing as you!" Robin started saying as she tried to make Dani feel better about everything.

"Here you go malady," Steve said handing her the movie making Dani laugh at the name malady.

"Malady? What is this the 1800s?" Robin said making fun of him before checking out the movie and taking Dani's money.

"Yeah you should definitely use that on Marie next time you decide to sneak in. And please remember which windows hers!" Dani tells him with an exaggerated tone.

"Ok that was one time!" Steve dramatically replied.

"You went through Dani's window?" Robin questioned Steve looking over at him.

"I thought it was Marie's! I got it confused," he told her defending himself putting his hands in the air.

"See you guys later," Dani told the two of them grabbing the bag as the both of them waved to her before getting back to 'arguing' over stupid things with each other. Once Dani was out the door and into the chilly air she quickly made her way to her car and as soon as she got in she placed the purchased movie in the seat beside her. She pulled her seatbelt over herself before turning on the Radio and making her way to Serena's house.

It didn't take long for her to get there as she lived close to the video store. Once she arrived she saw Serena's car in the driveway, which let her know that she was at home. Once she parked she got out of the car and knocked on the door. Dani practically hugged herself trying to gain more warmth. After a minute or two Serena came to the door. "Hey?" she said in a quiet voice.

"Brought a movie and snacks," Dani smiled holding up the movie bag and a bag from the grocery store she had gotten the day earlier.

"Which movie?" Serena questioned looking at the bag.

"Love story with Ryan O'Neal and Ali MacGraw," she replied pulling out the VHS with a large smile on her face knowing it's her favorite.

"Fine you can come in," she chuckled opening the door for her to walk inside the warm house.

"I though your brothers staying with you?" Dani questioned looking around the empty home.

"Left today," she replied coldly before walking over to the couch. Dani handed her the movie so Serena could put it into the VCR. Dani then walked into the kitchen putting the popcorn into the microwave. Serena fast forwarded through everything until she got to the main page.

They both waited to start until the popcorn was how they wanted it. Dani had put the M&M's into it and mixed it around before coming over to the couch for Serena to start it. As Serena started the movie Dani got the both of them Dr. Peppers. Dani then took a place on the couch beside the blonde.

a/n:

big things coming for miss serena
sorry for not as many updates i just haven't been super motivated to do anything 🧍‍♀️

but anyways! i hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

love u!!

- a