19. Corridor into darkness

Tanja and Jin were keeping completely quiet

Tanja and Jin were keeping completely quiet. Taehyung was visiting them each day just to torture them with his stupid talks.

Tanja by now believed he was one piece of a coward, only good with words.

"Look a week has passed and no one's here to rescue you two, guess why?"

They were silent, insulting Taehyung was completely pointless, so you had to simply stand his meaningless talks.

"Look at yourself slimy coffee stinky omega," Taehyung crouched down in front of Jin's cage. "Where's your mate?"

Jin hissed uncovering his fangs.

"Stay calm, don't let that idiot provoke you," begged Tanja.

"You're still mouthy little girl," Taehyung turned those intimidating eyes at her.

"You're only bitter because you don't have anymore who would rescue you," she said keeping his stare. "No mate, as no one would ever mate a person like you..."

Taehyung shifted, his eyes glowing up red, his claws missing the bars for inches so Tanja scooped back, but Taehyung jumped up storming out of the room banging the door so hard it stayed open.

"Thank you," Jin's tired gaze rested on her.

"You're welcome," Tanja whispered both breaking out into laughter.

The cave swallowed each faint source of light, so Jungkook was walking in cautiously, his glowing eyes fishing out the shape of the tunnel that was leading down, into some stuffy dungeons. Some water dripping off the wall, the only sound in that frozen static.
It seemed as if there was a presence behind him, but each time he turned the corridor was completely empty.

Creepy, thought Jungkook feeling out the dagger. Yoongi had said there will be the dead and half dead awaiting him here to stop him, but there was simply nothing, just a way down between rough stone.

Wasn't it too easy, hasn't Taehyung thought they might take that way. The ghosts of his ancestors would take the side of the royalty prince.

Something like a cold breath hit the backside of his neck and Jungkook jumped turning stretching his claws out but they cut through thin air, there was nothing.

"Reveal yourself!" He gasped, his voice echoing along the walls.

There was no answer, no ghost or monster coming at him out of the darkness, but now he was sure there was something.

Looking for it, though, seemed pointless now, so the alpha squeezed his fists continuing the way along the tunnel, the echoes of his steps the only sound, until some mixed with this following him in the same tempo.

Jungkook took a breath, there was no fearless beast inside him anymore to protect him, so he was all alone here against the ghosts of royalty.
Still he kept walking ignoring the steps becoming louder and quicker as if nearing him, so he stopped abruptly getting ready, the steps now just beside him then fading. It became completely quiet, just his heavy breath and pounding heart present.

It seemed the world has frozen for scary seconds, just before a red light filled the tunnel revealing hundreds of shapes gathered along the walls, the nearest just inches from Jungkook becoming so clear with a deformed blood covered face to green glowing eyes and half bitten off fangs.

Jungkook screamed when the creature jumped at him closing the fangs on his neck, biting in painfully ripping a huge part of skin off.
He pushed it away the other ones giving out a howling sound that filled the whole tunnel so small stones began to fall of the ceiling.

They moved when Jungkook used his sleeve to cover the bleeding place then ran down like crazy, falling against stones, pushing horrid creatures off his way, there were so many, they were filling up the tunnel completely his heart pounding as they were definitely feeding themselves on flesh. The wound burning but he ignored finding a small space between them to fall through and roll down the hill painfully, the speed carrying him lower, so he was trying to use his claws to stop but he crushed against a stone wall with a loud bang. It took his breath away for seconds, one gaze up the hill at the approaching crowd made his last hope fade.

"Damn Yoongi," he hissed. "Tell Jimin that I love him," a tear rolled down Jungkook's face, the creatures nearing so he supported himself on the wall, to lead his last fight, the scary eyes, faces and rotten fangs approaching, his hand slipping over the stone the other one reaching for the dagger, the chase surrounding him, but the stone wall cracked behind him and he fell backwards loosing balance crushing down into a completely dark room, the stone above him moving to close with a huge rumble sealing him in complete darkness.

"Jungkook..." Jimin opened his eyes rolling over the bed, his body so heavy he could swear he was sleeping for a thousand years.

There was a strange taste in his mouth, his eyelids falling back so he yawned cuddling to the pillows trying to feel out his husband's body, but the bed seemed empty.

"Kookie?" Jimin lifted himself on his elbows to toss a gaze over the bedroom, but there was no sign of his alpha.

Is he downstairs, wondered Jimin trying to collect enough strength to get up, the world a bit upside down and spinning.

"Great," the morning sickness slowly approaching and he stumbled out of the bed to fall into the bathroom.

It wasn't a good sign, if this keeps happening Jungkook will find out, thought Jimin about half an hour later when he was drying himself with a fresh towel.

The house seemed completely empty, so he dressed up before walking downstairs. Jungkook's yesterday's clothes gone, just the motorbike standing in front of the house where they have left it. Some goosebumps broke up along Jimin's skin as what if his alpha had been kidnapped.
No, don't think about the worst scenario, he begged himself trying to stay calm, but his teeth began to clench against each other in fear. Think, what can you do now, he opened the front door walking out onto the large terrace, then down towards the motorbike. There were traces of car tires in the gravel, so someone has been here while he had been sleeping. Only one car.
Something's so off, thought Jimin returning to the house. Jungkook wouldn't just leave him here, would he?

Jimin so anxious he sprinted back for his device trying to call Jungkook but it seemed his one was turned off or out of order.

"No, no, no," Jimin began to pull on his hair.

Taehyung couldn't have kidnapped his husband.

Thank you so much for your love. I'm sorry for posting the chapter a little late. I have been bathing my dog and he really hates it🤣🤣
So what do you think about Tanja making Taehyung leave and what has happened to Jungkook? What will happen now? What will Jimin do?

Much <3