I know it's personal, and if it were up to me we wouldn't address it, but since Harry is someone of high interest and the news of you being pregnant is public now, we need to report on it.

Now I don't want you to feel used in any way, or like we're using you as a pawn in our ratings, but obviously since you work for this network, there will be a high interest around how we report this."

I hadn't even thought about how my job would come into play with this pregnancy. As much as I didn't like the spotlight, and I hated that my relationship was of high interest, I guess there was a certain advantage to this.

I had control over how I wanted this reported, and what would be said. I didn't have that luxury on every other media platform, so at least here I had a say in this.

"I completely understand, I mean it's part of the job, and I know this news is creating a huge buzz. Thank-you for actually talking to me about it Ava, and giving me input. I know you could have reported on it while I was away."

"We could have, but I would never do that to you, I don't want you to feel betrayed by us in any way. You don't have to report the news yourself, we can have Mason do it if you're not comfortable making a comment on it," she suggested.

If there was anyone in this world I trusted with this, it would be Mason. I thought it might have been a little weird with me reporting it, since I didn't feel comfortable talking about my personal life on air, so if anyone were to do this I'd want it to be him.

"I'd like him to do it, I don't want to make any comments on it, and I don't think Harry would want me to either because he's extremely private and protective over our baby being someone's headline.

Could you imagine if I were to talk about it on air? I know it brings in ratings, but this is just something too personal Ava. So if you're serious about Mason, then I would love for him to do it. He knows what I would and wouldn't want said, I trust him the most."

"Okay, leave it with us and we'll sort it all in a way that respects your privacy the most. We have your back here Jen, we'd never do anything in regards to your personal life without your consent," she assured me, and I was extremely grateful I had such a supportive boss and workplace.

"So now that that is all sorted, when are you seeing your man again?" She started to gossip with me like we did most days at the office.

Ava was also in a long distance relationship. Her partner lived in Sydney, and she lived here in Melbourne now. They commuted as often as they could when either had time off, but she knew and related to the same struggles and emotions I did, being away from the person you love most.

"We don't know, he's obviously going to come down here. He's been living in LA since the end of last year, so he said he was selling his house up there and spending whatever free time he had down here now.

He's busy with writing and recording the new album, events, publicity obligations, that sort of stuff. Unfortunately work doesn't end when he's off tour, but we're hoping he's here by my birthday."

"That's coming up soon isn't it? Do you have anything planned?"

"Not right now, I don't know who I'm even celebrating it with, so it's hard to make plans for it," I shrugged.

"Oh okay," she nodded, and turned to look at her computer. It was weird, it was as if she knew something and wasn't letting on what it was. I didn't know if I was just reading into things too much, Harry thought I had a case of paranoia lately, so I just let it slide, and excused myself to return back to work.

...

Today was my twenty third birthday, which marked seventeen weeks of my pregnancy. My stomach had grown, and it was impossible to hide the bump that made my normally tight clothing even tighter. It wasn't too big just yet, but still very noticeable.