"my only regret about fucking her," myles started, "was not drugging her before. it would've made the slut a lot more quiet, that's for sure."

myles and his friends began to chuckle, as eddie stood up from the ground, grabbing tillie's things and putting them in her backpack as he did so. he offered her his hand. "come on, let's go."

swallowing, the girl threaded her fingers through his and allowed him to help her up, as he began to drag her gently towards the woods.

eddie pulled her backpack onto his own shoulders carefully, making sure to not unlink their fingers. "your bag looks so much better on me."

tillie turned to look at him, smiling softly. "it does not."

"oh, it so does," eddie replied, casually strolling through the woods. "just proves the theory that everything looks good on me."

"and i'm guessing you came up with that theory?" matilda said, her head cocked to the side.

"of course," eddie confirmed with a smirk.

tillie let out a sigh of amusement, before looking away from eddie, and instead focusing on her feet as her converse treaded over the forest floor.

they fell back into silence, walking to their spot with their hands still together. eddie glanced over at her, seeing her biting the skin on her bottom lip glumly.

"they're complete assholes," he told her. "you know that, right?"

tillie nodded, "yeah, i know."

"and, they're not worth even thinking about," he added.

"and what should i think about instead?"

eddie broke out into a grin, beginning to swing their conjoined hands forwards and backwards. "think about.. my pretty face or," he started, before using their shared grip to spin her around, making the blonde smile. "..your pretty face."

"my pretty face that's always crying?"

"yes," eddie nodded. "you're pretty when you cry."

"which is like five times a day," matilda added.

"exactly," eddie replied. "ergo, you always look pretty."

tillie looked down, a light blush building on her cheeks. "you use the word pretty a lot."

"only when talking about you," he told her with a soft smile.

she turned her head and they made eye contact for a short while, before matilda glanced away.

eddie cleared his throat quietly. "you could also think about how cute our hands look together," he started, lifting their hands into the air. "with our matching nails and everything."

matilda looked down, admiring the way their hands fit perfectly together, their fingernails painted a matching shade of blue. "yeah, i guess they do look cute together," she agreed with a smile.

they reached their spot, and departed to sit at their usual seats, either side of the table, which meant their hands were separated. tillie felt the warmth leave her side as eddie did, and pulled the sleeve of her sweater down to try and warm herself up again.