Chapter 36: Lose to Win

Start from the beginning

"Stupid," I mutter to myself.

Ultron holds up his arm and a swarm of robots begin to run at us. "You had to ask," Steve says to Thor.

"This is the best I can do," Ultron responds, "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said," Tony says looking at Steve, "Together." Hulk then screams and I get both of my swords out.

Multiple robots run at me and I easily slice through multiple of them with my swords. I continue to fight the robots when I see one heading towards Natasha's back. I quickly run and jump in front of it before it reaches Tasha and angrily cut its head off. "Thanks, Eva," I hear Nat say as we continue fighting.

"Of course," I respond.

"Evalina! Connect your swords together by the handles," Tony shouts and I get confused and do as he says I kick a robot away. My eyes go slightly wide as the handles connect to make my swords into a double ended spear.

I chuckle as I spin around. "Thank you!" I shout as I am able to take out even more robots.

A burning sensation arises on the side of my stomach, and I turn to come face to face with Ultron. I'm about to move towards him when I see Vision take him out. I huff in frustration and thrust my new spear behind me driving it through the head of a robot and then kick it off.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is thin," Steve says once the area is clear, "You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Lyon asks.

"I'll protect it," Wanda says making Clint and I look at her, "It's my job."

"Nat, Eva, Lyon," Clint says grabbing our attention, "This way."

Soon, we find a car and make our way to the lifeboat. Once at the lifeboat, we hear Hulk. "We don't have a lot of time," Clint tells Nat.

"So you guys get your ass on a boat," Natasha tells us before getting out of the car.

We listen to Natasha and make our way to a boat. "I am going to check on the civilians," Lyon tells us. I nod at his words, and he walks off.

"Costel!" I hear and I turn to see a woman speaking on the boat, "We were in the market. Costel!"

"I got him," Clint says before running off. I watch Clint making sure to keep an eye on his surroundings. Before Clint reaches the boy, I see a Quinjet flying towards him.

My eyes go wide as I sprint towards them. "Clint!" I yell but he doesn't hear me. I feel my legs begin to ache as I almost reach them. Shots begin to come from the Quinjet as I jump in front of them. I feel multiple shots enter my body but feel a gush of wind as well.

I open my eyes with a heavy breath and see Pietro with multiple wounds as well. "No," I whisper as he looks at Clint and I.

"You didn't see that coming," Pietro says before collapsing.

I take a deep breath as I look at Pietro and feel the multiple wounds scattered on my body. "Evalina," Clint says and I turn to him.