chapter 1. joining the survey corps

"Eren. Are you really gonna join the scouts!?." Said mikasa with a terrified look on her face. " Yes. I have to. Those bastards have to pay for what they did to me. I'll eradicate them all EVERY LAST ONE!!" said Eren as he looked over to mikasa. " Listen,Mikasa you dont have to join the scouts with me. I could never imagine a world without you in it" Mikasa turned away trying to hide her blushing face, but to no effect. Eren pulled her towards him and moved her scarf away from her face to reveal her bright red cheeks. Eren giggled and let her go. Mikasa's face turned even reder than before. "Come on I'm gonna go enlist in the survey corps!! You just wait till I finish" says Eren steadily as he wAlks away. " No way I'm joining too" Mikasa blurted out. " No you have to stay here to protect Armin" Eren yelled. Just then a small boy with wide blue eyes came cheerfully skipping to them. " oh hey. What's up Armin?" Said mikasa in her usual serious tone. "Nothing much. How about you guys?" Armin said as a wide ear to ear smile spread across his face. "I'm gonna go enlist in the the survey corps" said Eren. " you mean we're " corrected mikasa. " so you're both joining the scouts!!oh geez. Well if you guys are going then I'm going too." Said Armin hesitantly. " No way you'll get yourself killed out there" Eren pleaded."Eren stop. We're in this together and where you go , I go too. Wether you like it or not" mikasa said as she scolded Eren. " Well then I guess we're all joining the scouts!" Eren said with a hint of fear in his voice.