Chapter 3: The Not So Date

[ Next morning ]

"Bye baby, I love you. You'll do amazing. I'll see you in a bit, ok? And don't forget to text me. I love you, baby." San said while waving his boyfriend off.

Hwa POV:

"Calm down Hwa, it's not a date...I don't think so. It's fine, it's fine. NOOO it's not fine! This is the first time I went out with someone since forever. What do I say, what do I do? Holy crap. Calm down Hwa, calm down." Hwa yelled at himself as he drove to the restaurant.

As Hwa entered the restaurant, he immediately saw San wearing a red plaid button down top, tucked into a pair of black dress pants, accessorized with a black choker, small chain earrings, and black studded belt, holding a bouquet of blue roses.

"Woah he's kinda hot." Hwa thought in his head but his staring gave it away for San to read it on his face.

"What the fuck are you thinking, Hwa?!! He noticed." Hwa mentally smacked himself.

"Do you like the flowers more or me?" San winked at Hwa who's looking away, red from embarrassment.

"I-I-I was just impressed by your outfit, that's all. An-An-And I was in awe with the flowers. Don't think about it that way." Hwa stumbled on his words, making San chuckle at Hwa's cute strawberry face.

"Aww cute. You're so cute, my flower. I got it for you before coming here, so it's very fresh just for you." Handing the flowers to Hwa, not forgetting to add a kiss on his lips.

"You didn't have to do this for me. That's very sweet of you, really." Hwa smiled from side to side but slowly fell with his head, remembering a memory.

"Hey you ok? Why do you look sad?" San asked him worriedly, cupping Hwa's face.

"I'm ok. It just reminded me of someone, that's all. That person is still very much alive but I don't know if he'll forgive me for what I did." Hwa answered, slowly returning the smile that once was on his face.

San's head: So he hasn't moved on from wooyoung.

"I'm sorry. I think that person will forgive you and sometimes it can take some time" San said, petting Hwa's head.

"Thank you San, that means a lot. Now let's eat. I'm starving." Now the smile and sparkle in his eyes returned, making San's smile even brighter.

While they were waiting for their food to arrive at their table, Hwa noticed San kept glancing at his phone but not picking it up. Hwa thought nothing of it since San is pretty busy and people contact him for shoots and stuff. About 10 minutes later, Hwa could feel the table vibrating meaning someone was calling San even though he couldn't see the caller ID. He thought it was maybe his boss or the company was calling him but San never picked it up even when it rang multiply. When the person called at the first time, San just looked at it but did nothing.

During the fourth time however Hwa asked, "Are you going to answer? It might be important." San smacked his lips together and peered at his phone again.

Although this time San turned his phone where the back of his phone is facing up, covering whoever was calling. "No it's ok. It's nothing." Not long after, his phone rang again, this time San put his phone in his pants pocket then very softly said something that Hwa didn't hear.

Hwa POV:

How the fuck does he just ignore boyfriend? Maybe if he goes to the bathroom, I could get the number...but no he would bring his phone with him stupid. Get it together Hwa! What would you do even if you get his number? Call him? He'll think I'm a crazy stalker or something. No, I can't do this. Not like this.

Woo POV:

"Thank you. Thank you everyone for helping me with this comeback. Thank you for all your hard work." Woo bowed deeply, showing his appreciation to his team.

Woo was sad but happy that the last stage was finished so his fans could enjoy watching the stage. Now that Woo was in the car, on the way for an interview, he decided to text his boyfriend

BB Woo❤️ :

Baby I did it!! I finished my last stage. I'm on my way to an interview then I'm coming home. I miss you.

Sent at 12:22

BB Woo❤️ :

I don't want to eat this salad. I hate being on this diet. I can't wait to eat anything I want.

Sent at 12:24

BB Woo❤️ :

Baby? Are you really busy? If we are, you're doing a great job. I hope you have eaten lunch already.

Sent at 12:27

BB Woo ❤️ :

You must be really busy...I love you Sannie

Sent at 12:33

BB Woo ❤️ :

I'm going to the interview now. The interview will take about 2 hours so I'll talk to you then ok? I love you.

"San always replies to me really fast. I wonder what's up in the company making my Sannie so busy." Woo thought, leaning against the window, feeling a bit down.

[ 10 minutes later ]

Woo still had some time left before he had his interview so he decided to call San to check up on him. "The person you are trying to reach cannot come to the phone at the moment. Please leave a message or call in another time." Woo sighs, beginning to worry about San. But he decided to try again. And again, it says the same thing. Woo tries one more time, and the same thing.

"San what is going on with you? Are you sick? Please call back, I'm worried." Woo thought in his head, feeling really uneasy, which led Woo's mind to wonder where he didn't want it to. Even thinking about that idea makes Woo's heart hurt, eyes slowly filling up with tears. "No, get it together Woo. He'll just tell me that he was super busy and fell asleep or something once I get home." Trying to shake that idea in his head and focusing on his interview once more.

CES: Play Dumb by Omega X