Chapter 2

Hyacinth watched from Edward's doorway as he super sped around his room packing. "Do you have to go?"

"Yes. If I don't I'll end up killing her." Edward explains. He grabs his bag and walks out of his room but stops when he passes Hyacinth. He sighs. "I'll call."

Hyacinth smiled and hugged Edward. "You better not be gone longer than a few weeks or I'll fly to Antarctica, rip you apart, and turn you into ash." She said calmly looking up at Edward letting gold magic swirl around her irises.

Edward lets out a tense laugh and ruffles her hair. "I love you too."

oooOOOooo

Over the next few weeks, Bella contained to look for Edward but he was nowhere to be found.

During that time Bella and Hyacinth got closer becoming good friends. Bella liked spending time with the girls. She was bubbly and always positive.

Bella and Hyacinth talked during fourth period when Hyacinth said, "Wanna hang out after school?"

"Um, sure. What are we going to do?" Bella asked

"I've been wanting a pet but I could never get one because Edward doesn't like them," Hyacinth explained. "I'm hoping if I get one before he comes back home that the rest of my family will fall in love with them and Edward won't be able to do anything about it."

Bella laughed at that, ignoring the Edward part. "That's smart."

oooOOOooo

The two girls walked around the animal shelter looking at all the different animals. They were all coming toward the gate, trying to get closer to Hyacinth.

Hyacinth got closer to them letting the puppies lick her fingers.

"Is she a fae?"

"She's so pretty."

"Who's she going to choose?"

"Pick me!"

All of their thoughts made the girl laugh. One of the bigger dogs barked behind Bella, making her flinch and come closer to her friend. "They all seem to be drawn toward you."

"Yeah, I just have a... connection with animals," Hyacinth explained. "Ever since I was a ba..." She trailed off when she made eye contact with a puppy in the corner.

It was avoiding the crowd but was still close enough to see the girl. She was tiny, probably the runt, and had ice blue eyes.

Hyacinth carefully walked over the gate and walked toward the puppy, trying not to step on the others. She crouched down and stook her hand out for the puppy to sniff.

"She smells nice." The puppy barked.

"Thank you." Hyacinth said, shocking the puppy.

"You can understand me? " Hyacinth nodded. "Are you going to take me home?"

"Yep." She picked up the puppy and walked back over to Bella, who was still avoiding the bigger dogs.

"You picked one?"

"Yeah, I'm going to name her Wren." She told her.

"I like that name!" Wren barked.

"You ready to go?" Bella asked.

"I just need to go pay," She said but then gasped. "What if you get a dog and then we can have puppy playdates?"

"Uhhhhh, I'm not really a dog person." Bella said.

"Oh, bummer." She sighed but became happy again. "C'mon Wren. Let's take you home."

oooOOOooo

"She's so cute!" Alice squealed. The entire family was in the living room fawning over Wren. "Why haven't we gotten a pet before?"

"Because Jasper would eat it." Emmett said.

Hyacinth gasped and grabbed Wren. She held her close to her. "You better not eat her."

"I'm not gonna eat the dog." Jasper said, annoyed with his family.

While they were talking Edward walked into the room. "Jasper's going to eat a dog?"

"Eddie!" Emmett exclaimed. He held up Wren for Edward to see. "We got a dog."

Edward walked closer to them. "Why?"

"Because she's adorable." Hyacinth said. Edward turned to her.

"You did this."

"I did."

"Carlisle, we can't have a dog." Edward said toward his adoptive father.

"Yes, we can Edward," Carlisle said calmly. Edward groaned. "Come say hi to her."

Edward slowly walked over to them and look down at the Wren. "I guess she's kinda cute."

oooOOOooo

Hyacinth walked down the hallway and saw Edward and Bella talking by the lockers.

When she was about to greet them Edward turned around and walked off.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"Your brother's mood swings are driving me crazy." Bella confessed.

"Yeah, sometimes I want to ask him if he's on his period but then I remember that he's a boy." The girls laughed at her joke. "Is that an onion spray painted gold?"

The girls walked out of the school and towards Bella's car. They avoided the icy puddles. "I wanna win a golden onion."

Bella responded but Hyacinth didn't hear her. Instead, she was listening to the trees. They were loud and trying to warn her.

She met her mother's eyes and showed her a confused look.

All of a sudden she looked in the direction of Tyler's van. It was skidding across the icy parking lot and coming straight for her and Bella.

Time slowed down as Bella froze in fear and shock. Hyacinth thought fast, grabbed Bella, and crouched down to the ground.

Gold magic swirled around Bella, protecting her. Hyacinth closed her eyes and turned away, readying herself from impact. But it never came.

When she opened her eyes she saw Edward in front of her and Bella, pushing the van away. Edward's and Hyacinth's widened eyes met. They then turned back to Bella who was shocked.

Before she could speak Edward pulled Hyacinth away as the students flocked toward Bella.

Hyacinth ran into her mother's arms. Rosalie instantly wrapped her arms around her. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Mom, I'm fine." She said Rose hugged her again. Then guided her to the car.

oooOOOooo

Hyacinth was curled up on her bed with the light off. Emmett quietly walked into the room and sat next to her. "Your mom is still at the hospital."

Hyacinth slightly nodded, acknowledging his presence. "I need to practice more. I was only able to cover Bella. If Edward hadn't rushed over then I would've been crushed."

"Yeah, that's true." Emmett said. The blonde sat up abruptly and glared at him. "What's it's true."

She groaned annoyed. "Wow. Thanks a lot, dad." She got up and pushed him out of the room using her magic.

She laid back on her bed and screamed into her pillow. Wren walked over to the bed and jumped on it. She pushed her snout in between the fae's arms and snuggled close to her.

That's it for this chapter, hope you like it.